How Many RPG Books Do You Own?

I’ve never counted, but I am in the process of moving right now so I’ve boxed up the majority of them. Fifteen banker boxes currently contain the bulk of them. (The exception being that I have not yet boxed up most of the Hero System and Call of Cthulhu books as those are the two games I’m actively running right now, and there’s a small stack of recent purchases that didn’t get boxed up).

Over the last year, my RPG book collection has dwindled. Now, I'm down to just D&D5e WotC books (of which I have all of them) and my Savage Worlds stuff.

I've even culled my PDF stuff.

Weird, because I used to have a metric butt load of books.

How does one cull their PDF stuff? Apart from a few PDFs that I've bought from now defunct companies, the rest I could delete from my computer and re-download from my account at a later date without any issue.

I find I spend a lot of time debuting stuff from eBay I used to own and regret letting go.

I'm a bit of a pack-rat in general, but I have made a couple of small culls to my collection. Mostly the 3E core rulebooks and some 3rd party books I bought as part of the d20 glut that turned out to be very average books.

I'm thinking about culling back some of my 3.5E collection as I've got 40 WotC rules supplements and another 10 WotC adventures, but I just can't seem to pull the trigger, despite having played 5E exclusively for about 3 years now. I've even decided what the first 3-5 books would be that I would cull. I think it's the potential regret that's holding me back.

I’ve never counted, but I am in the process of moving right now so I’ve boxed up the majority of them. Fifteen banker boxes currently contain the bulk of them. (The exception being that I have not yet boxed up most of the Hero System and Call of Cthulhu books as those are the two games I’m actively running right now, and there’s a small stack of recent purchases that didn’t get boxed up).

I do not look forward to ever having to move my collection. I can only imagine how many separate boxes I'd have to spread the books across.

pogre

Legend
I sell systems I have not played in a year with rare exceptions. I own almost everything for 5e. I own everything for WFRP 2e and the new WFRP rulebook. I own a few books for Ars Magika. So I have a few dozen books.

Purging my "collection" on a regular basis is a cathartic release for me.

Now terrain and miniatures on the other hand....

I sell systems I have not played in a year with rare exceptions. I own almost everything for 5e. I own everything for WFRP 2e and the new WFRP rulebook. I own a few books for Ars Magika. So I have a few dozen books.

Purging my "collection" on a regular basis is a cathartic release for me.

Now terrain and miniatures on the other hand....
How many painted minis do you have in your collection? I think I’ve seen you paint over 100 minis in the time I’ve been following your painted minis thread.

According to LibraryThing I have 2,572 RPG books.

Admittedly that is a bit misleading because it includes 140-odd individual issues of Dungeon, and also Lone Wolf gamebooks, map packs and the like.

According to LibraryThing I have 2,572 RPG books.

Admittedly that is a bit misleading because it includes 140-odd individual issues of Dungeon, and also Lone Wolf gamebooks, map packs and the like.

That’s quite a few! :)

Yeah, I’d be at 400+ if I included Dragon and Dungeon mags.

I do not look forward to ever having to move my collection. I can only imagine how many separate boxes I'd have to spread the books across.

I've actually been looking forward to this move. I'm still finding more boxes of RPG stuff in my attic as I've never had enough shelf space to have it all accessible at once - but in the new house my office has floor to ceiling book shelves covering two walls and more shelf space in a weird little side room attached to the office. I'm pretty excited to get it all shelved where I get to it.

Remove ads