What are you currently playing?

cmannine

First Post
I am running a combination of Nightbane, Beyond The Shadows and general magical campaign lol. Pretty much it is a blast I started it years ago and we had a player leave and it took us quite a bit of time to get another one to join me and my one player to make it worth while to play any role playing game. But they are both enjoying it right now.

Bluenose

Adventurer
Running the Pirates of Drinax campaign with Mongoose Traveller 2e.

Playing in a Modiphius Conan game - freebooting sailors out of Zingara exploring lost islands for treasure and pirating any ships we come across.

Preparing for our Easter special day where we all run a short scenario with a rules set of our choice and pregenerated characters - I've got a Pendragon tournament in mind, except the players are going to be ladies looking for potential suitors. The only other game I know is going to involve Spelljammers, probably using Fate Core rules.

Gilladian

Adventurer
We still play 3.5e. Playing a fairly loose hexploration/dungeon loot murder-hobo kind of game - we play 3.5e in pretty much 2e style - nobody number crunches too much, and we don't use prestige classes, etc... so it is fairly easy to run - this is an E8 campaign as well, so it will hopefully remain playable for a few years. The PCs are 4th level now, and we've been playing for six months, I think. I level them up when I feel like it, no experience assigned; so far, they seem to think it's fair and fun.

Voadam

Legend
A 5e conversion of the Carrion Crown gothic horror/Mythos Adventure Path from Paizo including the Legendary Games side adventure add ons such as the Murmuring Fountain.

7th Sea (2nd edition).

We are going to take a break for the summer so I can focus on running 5e for a series of D&D camps for teens. Then in the fall we will start up a short run of Fantasy AGE. After that, not sure. I would love to go back to 7th Sea, but I want to see what my players want to do first.

Tom
I just started 'playing' 7th Sea 2nd edition. By playing, I mean creating characters and having some battles against sample characters to get a feel for it because I haven't found anyone else to play the game with. I take it that you enjoy it since you are wanting to go back to it?

BluSponge

Explorer
I just started 'playing' 7th Sea 2nd edition. By playing, I mean creating characters and having some battles against sample characters to get a feel for it because I haven't found anyone else to play the game with. I take it that you enjoy it since you are wanting to go back to it?

I do! It's been a challenge, but I feel I'm a better GM for it. The game really forced me to reexamine how I run my games and gave me an ugly view of all the bad habits I'd accumulated through the years. I'm eager to try out some of these new techniques with more traditional games later on this year. But yes, I'll go back in a heartbeat if my players will stand for it. I've been a 7th Sea fan since 1st edition was released, but the setting they've built for 2nd edition is incredible. It's become my favorite fantasy setting, edging out Greyhawk and Athas for the title. (Hell, if I have to, I've even figured out a way to use it as a D&D setting.) . The system is quirky as hell, but once you wrap your brain around it it really starts to sing. It's not difficult, it just flips a lot of the old standards we GMs have come to expect and makes it really hard to use old crutches—or at least it feels that way for this old GM.

Tom

Kersus

Explorer
Currently switching between Tunnels & Trolls (mix of Deluxe and Japan) and BlueHolme/Holmes D&D (Lands of Igpay).

Probably to add some Traveller M2 soon.
1e88262794995c19554437143d101670.jpg

DrunkonDuty

he/him
I'm running 3 pathfinder games.

The first and longest running is The Sons of Ollidamarra, a game I play with my wife. She is running 3 characters, all 1/2 brothers and distant descendants of the god Ollidamarra. We have just finished a long arc in which the Boys (as the 3 main characters are referred to) have finally taken down a long standing plan by the BBEG (a dragon and former Exarch of the Horned Society) to open a gate to Hell. What to do with the hard earned dragon loot they have gained? Open a brewery!

The second is the Reign of Winter AP. The party is now 14th level and the homework of prepping is hard going. (Is it wrong of me that I hope there'll be a TPK from the BBEG? Yeah, yeah, it's probably wrong...)

The third is an E8 game for (mostly) new players. It's a home brew setting that pits the good guys of a Sumerian-like realm against the bad guys of the Egyptian like realm. Undead abound.

I'm playing in a game my wife is running for me. It's set in her home brew that is based on the Jataka Tales (think Indian & Buddhist Aesop fables.) No standard races. The Republic of Jataka has Vanara, Tengu, Grippli, Ratfolk, Catfolk, Lizardfolk... I've probably forgotten a few. We have just solved our first big murder mystery and alas it wasn't President Louis who did it.

Bluenose

Adventurer
How is this going? I'm about to run the Fall of Tinath, my first 2e (only 1e was Cowboys vs Aliens the rest being CT).

It's very much a sandbox, which means there's a lot of work for the GM (though there's also a lot of supplementary material for the campaign, and I'd recommend Ship Encounters in particular). It's probably best with a group with experience with Traveller so they know what's possible, and that's likely to take the initiative and do things themselves rather than be reactive. My players certainly seem to be enjoying themselves, using diplomacy and force to change the situation in the region.

One thing I do recommend is creating a rival to the PCs, someone who can be there enemy over a long-term and who will regularly interfere with their plans - in my case a pirate captain who treated Drinax and the surrounding area as his personal hunting ground and is furious that the PCs are trying to take it away. As the PCs make a planet friendly then he's going to do some raiding there, for one example. The PCs are currently making plans to visit Theev and find out who he is and how they can deal with him.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases