Looking for math: Halfling Lucky vs. Elven accuracy

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
[MENTION=6941440]Gavin O.[/MENTION]

Not that it changes the results enough to worry about but give that when both die come up as a 1 that you only get a single reroll, the calculations you are using aren't 100% accurate.

Gavin O.

First Post
[MENTION=6941440]Gavin O.[/MENTION]

Not that it changes the results enough to worry about but give that when both die come up as a 1 that you only get a single reroll, the calculations you are using aren't 100% accurate.

I'm curious as to why that's the case? If you're rolling with advantage, you are rolling 2 d20s, and from Elven Accuracy, we know that the results of those dice can change before the better one is chosen, (since we can reroll one of them). I'm pretty sure that if you roll two 1s at advantage, you would be able to reroll both of them using lucky.

FrogReaver

I'm curious as to why that's the case? If you're rolling with advantage, you are rolling 2 d20s, and from Elven Accuracy, we know that the results of those dice can change before the better one is chosen, (since we can reroll one of them). I'm pretty sure that if you roll two 1s at advantage, you would be able to reroll both of them using lucky.

The bolded is incorrect. Another poster posted the relevant rules on this thread.

Gavin O.

First Post
Ahh, you're correct. Well hopefully I don't roll two 1s at advantage and reroll into another 1. If that happened, I would probably be like "welp, the god of luck has decreed it, I'm not supposed to hit this enemy"

FrogReaver

Ahh, you're correct. Well hopefully I don't roll two 1s at advantage and reroll into another 1. If that happened, I would probably be like "welp, the god of luck has decreed it, I'm not supposed to hit this enemy"

Right. It’s so rare to happen that there’s very little impact on chance to hit either way.

Remove ads