GameHole Con Hints At An "As Yet Unannounced Setting" for D&D This Year

Thomas Valley, GameHoleCon's Adventurer's League coordinator, is currently asking for volunteer DMs for the show in November. As part of the post he refers to "The premiere of an Epic event set in as yet unannounced setting" and "The premiere of adventures set in as yet unannounced setting".

54389065_10157392158874644_7953755252908359680_n.jpg

Ravnica was introduced in 2018, and Eberron support was added to the DM's Guild. Other than that, most of the official D&D stuff has all been set in the Forgotten Realms (Curse of Strahd notwithstanding).

This could be a whole new setting; it might just be a region of the Realms.

In related news, WotC's Nathan Stewart tweeted the word "SPELLJAMMER" a week or so back. He has a history of teasing his Twitter followers with hints about settings which - as yet - haven't come to fruition, so take that with as much or as little salt as you wish!

Last edited by a moderator:

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
They're not doing Spelljammer because they're doing Planescape. And the way you travel the planes of the multiverse is via spelljammers. ;)

Satyrn

First Post
They're not doing Spelljammer because they're doing Planescape. And the way you travel the planes of the multiverse is via spelljammers. ;)

Oh. I know what I'm betting on. A Star Trek crossover, set specifically on ancient Bajora when they had those solar sailing ships that let them reach Cardassia.

"There are four continual flames"

Birmy

Adventurer
I’m going and running. Who else is going? Want to do a meetup? Want to be among the first to run official content in this setting?

I wish I knew what it is.

I DMed AL at last year's Gamehole Con, but this is the first I'm hearing about this. Should I have gotten an email?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Eberron, Dragonlance or something in the FR related to the next AP. Or all of the above, aka Spelljammer.

I'm pretty sure Nathan Stewart is layign the groundwork for Spelljammer eventually by keeping it in people's minds.

Reynard

Legend
Mark my words, 5E Spelljammer is going to get folded into Planescape and you'll be Jammin' through the Astral instead of between the Spheres.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases