Which of my continents do you want more information about?

Which of my continents do you want more information about?

• Lands of Harqual

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I posted this poll question as a thread on The Piazza some time ago, but I figured I should post another poll here for those of you that don't visit that forum.

You can select up to two choices from the list. Note in a post your primary and secondary choices. Plus, there is a "instead of" option. If you'd rather see more information on one of my island chains such as Merria, Ryaith, or Valossa, then select the last option and state your preferred region.

And, when you make your choice, do more than list the continents or regions. Pick a focus that interests you. Want more details on the various races of Triadora? Then tell me. Want a more in depth look into the heart of the Great Forest of Harqual. Well, then I need to know. Want a history lesson about Janardûn? I'll do my best.

The poll will last 90 days. It is a public poll.

Cheers!

Knightfall

As per Dog Moon's request, here is a direct link to my WORLD OF KULAN Campaign wiki here on EN World. Also, here are the links for each of the threads dedicated to each of the continents.

Note, however, that the information on these threads might be a bit out of date. The links on the new wiki are more accurate for what I've been creating over the last year and a half. Still, it's all good information.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Trying to get some votes: calling [MENTION=13966]Arkhandus[/MENTION], [MENTION=61182]Big Mac[/MENTION], [MENTION=27761]Blackrat[/MENTION], [MENTION=50987]CleverNickName[/MENTION], [MENTION=23023]Dog Moon[/MENTION], [MENTION=59506]El Mahdi[/MENTION], [MENTION=40227]freyar[/MENTION] [MENTION=371]Hand of Evil[/MENTION], [MENTION=20941]havard[/MENTION], [MENTION=2205]Hobo[/MENTION], [MENTION=3398]jaerdaph[/MENTION], [MENTION=1210]the Jester[/MENTION], [MENTION=2]Piratecat[/MENTION], [MENTION=172]Psion[/MENTION], [MENTION=42169]Relique du Madde[/MENTION], [MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION], [MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION], and [MENTION=92511]steeldragons[/MENTION].

I'm not sure if this will work...

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I'm always a sucker for ancient lands, lost empire and the like.

voted for Kanpur: The Ancient Lands
Kanpur is leading by one vote, but it's still early in the voting process. Heh. :p

Anyway, I want to copy over some of the work I've already done on The Piazza to the wiki, so those of you who voted for it will get a bit of what you want. Detailing Kanpur has been a tricky thing. It is the biggest continent on Kulan, and then some. Yet, the continent is really more like two or three continents combined into one super continent (depending on how you look at it).

The continent has a Far East, but it also has a Dark Continent. The northwestern lands are very much like old world Europe, but it isn't an exact match. After all, I have both Bluffside and Sharn embedded into the western lands (although Sharn is technically part of the central lands). These western lands are very d20-inspired. I have used a great of 3rd-party published material for the west: Bard's Gate, Bluffside, Dry Lands (a.k.a. the Dragon Sands), Streets of Silver (a.k.a. Parma), and a module called Tsar Rising (a.k.a. Torassia). Around this published material I have added a lot of my own 'strange ideas'.

Anyway, you'll be able to read about it on the wiki soon.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
FYI... I voted for Triadora because it is the least developed of my continents, and I really want to make it come alive at some point.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Two new wiki links here: Kanpur: The Ancient Lands. While what is posted there isn't 'truly' new, it has been updated from its previous incarnation on the old Kanpur thread here on EN World.

I'll post the updated details on The Southwest and The Dark Continent tomorrow. I've done some work on the first subregion of the Kanpur Interior, yet there are some 'works in progress' that I have to finish. Once all the Kanpur Interior subregions are done, I'll finally be able to move on to The Eastern Lands.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
FYI... I've been doing some revising of the continent map for Janardûn. I think I'm nearly finished revising rivers and tweaking terrain. Once it's finalized, I will upload the revised map to the campaign group and link it to the wiki. But, if you want something relatively new regarding then read this snippet that I posted over on The Piazza back in August.

Janardûn has always been a challenge for me to move forward with. Trying to come up with a solid premise for such an isolated land that is dominated by psionics has always seemed to allude me. There is very written about it that isn't already on my (old) wikipage or on the old EN World thread. And some of the info on that thread is a bit out of date, especially the deity information.

The concept of psionic knights is an important one for the continent. In some ways, the Insightful Order of the Republic is to Janardûn what Jedi Knights are to the Star Wars universe. But that is rough comparison, at best. The continent has one centralized government that is ruled from the Capital City known as Alaran. This government is, traditionally, a human-based political entity, although racism isn't as much of a concern in the Republic as on Kulan's other continents.

While Janardûn has its own mix of races, there are fewer playable races overall compared to Kulan's much larger continents. If I was categorize the standard Janardûn races by rarity, I would list them this way...

Common
  • Dragontouched [Draconic Creature (Template)] [Draconomicon]
  • Dwarf (PHB)
  • Elan (XPH)
  • Human (PHB)
Uncommon
  • The Baklath *
  • Cyclops of Janardûn *
  • Githzerai [Not Extraplanar] (XPH)
  • Rakasta *
  • Xeph (XPH)
Rare
  • Blue (XPH)
  • Dwarf, Duergar (XPH)
  • Elf, Shoyir *
  • Fremlin *
  • Kitt *
Very Rare
  • Buckawn *
  • Pixie
  • Satyr
  • Synad (Complete Psionic)
Any race with an asterisk (*) has its own unique PC racial traits for Kulan. You'll note there is no listing for halflings, gnomes, half-elves, or half-orcs. The only elves on Janardûn are the Shoyir and they almost NEVER couple with humans. There are no standard orcs on Janardûn; thus, there are no half-orcs. The niche normally filled by halflings and gnomes is filled by kitts, fremlins, and a Legends & Lairs Mythic Races race called the Aaleear.

Here is a list of the non-standard races available for Janardûn:
  • Aaleear [Mythic Races]
  • Centaurkin, Dorvesh [Creature Catalog Website]
  • Dragonborn [Modified] [Races of the Dragon]
  • Felid [Template] [BoEF]
  • The Feytouched [Fiend Folio]
  • Giant, Ogre [Creature Catalog Website]
  • Half-Dragon [Template] [MM & Draconomicon]
  • Half-Fey [Template] [Fiend Folio]
  • Half-Githzerai [Svimohzia: The Ancient Isle]
  • Half-Troll [Template] [Fiend Folio]
  • Kercpa [Creature Catalog Website]
  • Kureshim [Hyperconscious]
  • Makesh [Into the Green]
  • Ngakoi [The Broken Isles: Player's Guide]
  • Skarren [The Broken Isles: Player's Guide]
  • Tondi [Creature Catalog Website]
  • Ubi [Into the Green]
  • Zeidian [The Broken Isles: Player's Guide]
  • Zenythri [Planetouched] [MM2]
  • Zha'lari [The Complete Book of Denizens]
I have no idea regarding rarity about the bulk of these races. I can say that the aaleear will be either common or uncommon, and dragonborn will be either uncommon or rare. I expect the Dorvesh centaur-kin, the Kureshim, and the Zenythri to have a strong presence on the continent.

As for such aspects as history, geography, and the like, I cannot even begin to say at this point. The leaders of the Republic (the Council of the House) don't even have names yet. In fact, I've created only one NPC, that I can think of, and that character is now a major villain on Harqual. I can say that the capital city is a huge metropolis that dwarfs almost every other city on the continent. In v.3.5 terms it is integrated to mixed in racial makeup. Almost any race native to the continent can be found living in Alaran.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases