Taking Nominees for Most Anticipated RPG of 2018

As we do every year, I'm taking nominees for the big public poll. A game will only be in the big poll if it is nominated here. What's your most anticipated RPG of 2018? Rules - as always - it must be a standalone RPG. NOT a supplement, adventure, sourcebook, expansion, or accessory. It must be scheduled for release in 2018. If they were coming out in 2018, Dungeons & Dragons would count; Xanathar's Guide would not. Taking nominations for one week. Post your nomination as a reply below. Please don't nominate your own game or one you’re affiliated with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we do every year, I'm taking nominees for the big public poll. A game will only be in the big poll if it is nominated here. What's your most anticipated RPG of 2018? Rules - as always - it must be a standalone RPG. NOT a supplement, adventure, sourcebook, expansion, or accessory. It must be scheduled for release in 2018. If they were coming out in 2018, Dungeons & Dragons would count; Xanathar's Guide would not. Taking nominations for one week. Post your nomination as a reply below.
Please don't nominate your own game or one you’re affiliated with.

1_trudvang.jpg

Last year's winner was Trudvang Chronicles from RiotMinds (pictured above). You can see last year's top 10 here. The previous year it was Rifts for Savage Worlds. And yes, Conan appeared three years running.

113th AgeStar Wars Force & DestinyRifts for Savage WorldsTrudvang Chronicles
2NumeneraDeluxe Exalted 3rd EditionMutant Crawl ClassicsTales from the Loop
3Star Wars Edge of the EmpireUnified Rolemaster7th Sea 2nd EditionKult: Divinity Lost
4Shadowrun 5th EditionConan Adventures In An Age Undreamed OfConan Adventures In An Age Undreamed OfStar Trek Adventures
5Call of Cthulhu 7th EditionDeluxe Tunnels & TrollsDCC LankhmarConan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of
6FireflyBarbarians of Lemuria: Mythic EditionRuneQuest 4Starfinder
7Fate CoreFeng Shui 2Torg: EternityWitcher
8HillfolkFantasy AGEBlue Rose AGECoriolis
9TorchbearerParanoiaParanoiaDelta Green Roleplaying Game
10-Shadows of the Demon LordDelta GreenAstonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea 2E
[FONT=&quot]SaveSave[/FONT]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Going through the list checking eligibility and correct names. Correct me if I'm wrong. Bear in mind I don't follow all these games, so I'm going from a quick Google search.

Paladin appears to be out already.
Delta Green appears to be out already (it featured in the top 10 list for both 2016 and 2017).
City of Mist appears to be out already.
Lazarus, I think, is a setting called World of Lazarus for Modern AGE not a core rulebook?
Sentinel Comics RPG looks like it's already out?

I plan to post the poll very soon, so let me know if my google-fu was weak with any of those above.

---------

That gives us this final list in alphabetical order:

7th Sea: Khitai
Alternity 2017 - A Science Fiction Roleplaying Game
Aquelarre: the dark & mature medieval RPG
Capharnaum - The Roleplaying Game
Cortex Prime
Dark Conspiracy
Deluxe Wraith: The Oblivion 20th Anniversary Edition
Deviant: the Renegades
Dragons Conquer America
Dusk City Outlaws
Eclipse Phase, Second Edition RPG
Esper Genesis: Heroic Sci-Fi Role-Playing for 5E
Flash Gordon RPG for Savage Worlds
Forbidden Lands: Retro Open-World Survival Fantasy RPG
Heavy Metal Thunder Mouse
Invisible Sun
John Carter - The Roleplaying Game
Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD
Kult: Divinity Lost
Legend of the Five Rings RPG 5th Edition
LexOccultum
Mutant Crawl Classics RPG
N.O.W. The Modern Action Roleplaying Game
Numenera 2: Discovery and Destiny
Prince Valiant, the Storytelling Game
RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha
Spire RPG
The Expanse
The Witcher Roleplaying Game
The Yellow King Roleplaying Game
This Defiant Earth: 1950s Sci-Fi Movie Roleplaying!
Tiny Dungeon 2e - Minimalist fantasy roleplaying is back!
Top Secret: The New World Order
Torg Eternity
Trinity Continuum
Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition
Warhammer 40,000: Wrath & Glory
Warhammer Age of Sigmar Roleplaying Game
Warhammer Fantasy Role Playing Fourth Edition

Last edited by a moderator:

makurre

First Post
I reckon FAITH by Burning Games counts in here as it’s going to be released into stores in ‘18. So yeah, that’s my first nomination! And now that we are talking about them, Dragons Conquer America should be out before the year is over if they get the Kickstarter right second time around. So that’s my second nomination. The third would be Warhammer. Keep’em coming!

Ghal Maraz

Adventurer
[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION]:
Paladin: Warriors of Charlemagne, is not out yet, not even for the backers, as far as I can tell.
Delta Green has the Handler's Guide out in PDF.
City of Mist has the Starter Set out in both psysical and PDF form and the Core Rulebook out in PDF.
Correct about World of Lazarus being a setting for Modern AGE.
Sentinel Comics RPG has only the starter set out. The rulebook is due out in 2018. Don't know if it counts.

Regarding the Flash Gordon RPG for Savage Worlds: it's not a fully-independent game, but it needs the Savage Worlds rules which aren't included in neither of the books, so it shouldn't count for the purpose of this poll (unless for some reason this rule doesn't apply to SW products... in fact, Savage Rifts made the top of the poll two years ago and it wasn't an independent ruleset too).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION]:
Paladin: Warriors of Charlemagne, is not out yet, not even for the backers, as far as I can tell.
Delta Green has the Handler's Guide out in PDF.
City of Mist has the Starter Set out in both psysical and PDF form and the Core Rulebook out in PDF.
Correct about World of Lazarus being a setting for Modern AGE.
Sentinel Comics RPG has only the starter set out. The rulebook is due out in 2018. Don't know if it counts.

Regarding the Flash Gordon RPG for Savage Worlds: it's not a fully-independent game, but it needs the Savage Worlds rules which aren't included in neither of the books, so it shouldn't count for the purpose of this poll (unless for some reason this rule doesn't apply to SW products... in fact, Savage Rifts made the top of the poll two years ago and it wasn't an independent ruleset too).

Thanks!

Also to note, Dragons Conquer America has been cancelled with no current release date (I understand it's coming back, but right now there's no 2018 release date).

Nominations are now closed! Poll is live!

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...nticipated-RPG-of-2018!&p=7296109#post7296109

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads