Kate Welch is WotC's New D&D Designer

WotC has a brand new D&D designer, and it's Kate Welch! She plays Rosie Beestinger, the Lightfoot Halfing Monk in Acquisitions Inc's "C Team". She starts work on February 2nd. That's all I know for the moment, but more info if I hear it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WotC has a brand new D&D designer, and it's Kate Welch! She plays Rosie Beestinger, the Lightfoot Halfing Monk in Acquisitions Inc's "C Team". She starts work on February 2nd. That's all I know for the moment, but more info if I hear it!

amVFPaW2_400x400.jpg

[video=youtube;fRsURJf4SjQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRsURJf4SjQ[/video]
[FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT]

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
We as humans are adapting to live peacefully with each other and have been steadily improving in the way we do so. Instead of systematized solutions we need to crank down on individual instances of discrimination in which people are unfairly treated due to age, race, gender, religion, etc.. It is a job for the courts, not legislature. Legislature only limits personal freedom and creates resentment - which is one of the reasons why the US is stuck with Trump as president for at least the next three years.

Graphs-about-the-world.jpg

Prior to the Legislating the courts did not fairly adjudicate for people treated unfairly due to gender and race. Again, YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS. Youre asking to go back to that when CLEARLY people would go back to enforcing unfair treatment for people of color and women.

The resentment youre talking about or conveininetly NOT talking about is resentment from the white males who see any step toward parity as thier rights being taken away or diminished. Which, in light of your previous statements make certain things clear about your position.

Have a good day sir, madam.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This thread has drifted way off topic and into topics not allowed here on EN World. Folks, please focus on D&D and game designers, not on general social politics. This isn’t the place for it. Thanks!

Von Ether

Legend
I wonder if this means the pay disparity between CRPG designers and RPG designers is closing.

I mean we have guys who moonlight as RPG company CEOs as compared to their day job at a video game company.

Well as I define "closing the gap" as in "top RPG RPG company offers a gig that pays as much as a standard video game gig."

Mavkatzer

Explorer
I know this thread can be upsetting, but it's good we're having this conversation. Rather than ignoring issues of inequality, we need to bring these issues into the light. And sense our hobby continues to contain voices of bigotry, it is entirely appropriate that this conversation happens here.

I find many statements here to be sexist. Other statements ignore or deny the social mechanisms that restrict minorities and women. But I want these ignorant statements to be made publicly. The beliefs they highlight continue to persist; rather than have those beliefs fester below the surface I'd prefer they be exposed for the factual errors and logical fallacies they rest upon.

These conversations may be painful or raise our blood pressure, but they help facilitate the changes we need to create a fairer, more just society (and gaming community!). They expose the rotting foundations of an unjust status quo.

So, thanks to all of you here who have taken the time and effort to debunk sexist and bigoted notions. And thank you for clarifying and detailing the structural barriers that continue to undermine minorities and women. It matters that you are doing this, and it makes me proud to be a gamer.

schnee

First Post
Dude. I work abroad in Turkmenistan promotion women's and minority right. I understand what is happening in the word. Discrimination in the US is a joke compared to what I strike to correct on a daily basis.

Wow, what a coincidence!

I'm a lifelong Democrat and I absolutely hate everything about Obama, Hillary, and the current Democratic Party, and I think Fox News gets a lot of things right, and that Trump has been getting unfairly criticized and respect what he's doing for our country!

I'm Black, and think Black Lives Matter is the single worst thing to ever happen to this country, and think if my own people had a lot more respect for cops and stopped listening to that horrible Rap music and stopped blaming everyone else for their own self-created problems, they'd be much better off and 'racism' would be a thing from the past!

I'm also a Woman, and think that to call yourself a Feminist is to literally hate men with every fiber of your being, to encourage Lesbianism, and to be literally destroying the sanctity of the home and family and ruining our children and killing puppies!

We're exactly alike! :heh:

...shall I go on?

(PS just in case Poe's Law makes this hard to parse, I'm being sarcastic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads