Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 4 "The Last of the Starks"

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
*Dany is becoming more villainous--they've made her less likeable for a couple seasons now, preparing us for her death.

She's always come across like that to me. She does not like it when people disagree with her, and is very happy to coldly mete out extreme punishments and executions.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
She's always come across like that to me. She does not like it when people disagree with her, and is very happy to coldly mete out extreme punishments and executions.

That has been a change over time. Initially she was fairly kind, burning the witch only after she murdered her unborn child and turning Drago into a vegetable. Then she tried to avoid just killing the Masters as examples like her advisers suggested, even though they were behind the deaths of many of her people and more coming each day. Later she started punishing people who stood against her with more and more easy. This leap from punishing enemies into it's okay to murder 10,000 innocents in order to get what I want, is a rather large and sudden jump, though.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
While I agree with Morus that there has always be a cold ruthlessness to Danny, we are just seeing it expressed more often. They are certainly setting her up to become more villainous or to lose her $**! and have to be dealt with.

I don't know that Varys will feel any burn. That guy is good at getting out ahead of a bad time. I don't really blame him for not knowing about that Iron fleet ambush. I do blame the army in general for having not scouted at all and wonder how Danny didn't see a fleet of ships on such a nice clear day.

MarkB

Legend
I don't know that Varys will feel any burn. That guy is good at getting out ahead of a bad time. I don't really blame him for not knowing about that Iron fleet ambush. I do blame the army in general for having not scouted at all and wonder how Danny didn't see a fleet of ships on such a nice clear day.

They were tucked round the side of the island. Which is no excuse - Dany's forces should have sent at least a fast ship or two to scout the place for occupying forces before the entire fleet dropped anchor.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
They were tucked round the side of the island. Which is no excuse - Dany's forces should have sent at least a fast ship or two to scout the place for occupying forces before the entire fleet dropped anchor.

I recall the rock jutting up, and yeah, that is hardly an excuse.

What is more, Danny then does a straight dive into these boats instead of winging around that rock to their rears and burning them out. What, are they going to aim through their own sails and rigging? They certainly aren't going to turn all of those ships around before that dragon could fly around behind them.

Sigh...

pukunui

Legend
I don't know that Varys will feel any burn. That guy is good at getting out ahead of a bad time.
But remember that Melisandre told him they would both die in Westeros.

What is more, Danny then does a straight dive into these boats instead of winging around that rock to their rears and burning them out. What, are they going to aim through their own sails and rigging? They certainly aren't going to turn all of those ships around before that dragon could fly around behind them.
She'd just witnessed Rhaegal die. I don't think she'd have been in the right frame of mind to think that tactically.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus

Yep. I feel like after the exchange between Tyrion and Varys, that Tyrion may be the one to kill Varys. Varys will likely try to kill Daenerys and Tyrion definitely wants to keep her alive.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls

She'd just witnessed Rhaegal die. I don't think she'd have been in the right frame of mind to think that tactically.

That is an age old trope is all. Hero or villain too emotional to think clearly. That's not necessarily how humans work. Your body pumping you full of chemicals in a fight or flight situation doesn't make you an idiot.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases