"I choose you, .22!"

Scorpio616

First Post
..or in this case, a 12 gauge and an AR-15 being brought into a Pokemon tournament.
https://games.yahoo.com/news/boston...oting-pokemon-game-competition-235530158.html
The guns were not on them.
[MENTION=27897]Ryujin[/MENTION] A responsible gun owner in this day and age really needs to be familiar with the various states laws when traveling cross country. Massachusetts is really fussy about how one carries their legally owned guns in a vehicle. These two sound like they either were planning something, or they are just really stupid, don't get how unfunny their 'jokes' are the authorities and failed to grasp just how seriously authorities would take the situation as presented.

Janezic said the lanky Norton, today wearing a camouflage style T-shirt and black and lime-green shorts, had recently been blocked from an online Pokemon forum and allegedly said of the moderator who refused to let him back in, “Oh, OK, that’s fine. I will just shoot him Friday, thanks.”

1440362599835627.png

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
What do you think it was: an attempted robbery of the competition, or a looming display of bad sportsmanship?

By current reports, a looming display of pretty much the worst sportsmanship around.

It is also an example of law enforcement seeming to have its stuff together - Event security notified police, police caught the suspects.

Janx

Hero
By current reports, a looming display of pretty much the worst sportsmanship around.

It is also an example of law enforcement seeming to have its stuff together - Event security notified police, police caught the suspects.

From the article I read yesterday. these boys loved guns and pokemon.

and on the day of their trip, they took photos of themselves with the guns saying they were going to the pokemon event.
people saw it. and commented.

And some of those people told the security staff at the event. Who called the cops. So they were ready for them when they got there.

Personally, I am pretty sure they were going to do something bad. But there's no proof other than they had an excess of guns-n-ammo that wasn't legal to transport.

Mallus

Legend
Best case scenario, they were going to exercise their right to bear firearms, which in this particular case, they didn't actually have because they lacked the proper licenses, in order to intimidate their fellow tournament attendees for, you know, the lulz. Being an occasional optimist, I think this is likely the truth (also because mass-shooters are kinda rare).

Worst case scenario, they were going to stage a mass shooting.

Either way, enjoy jail, idiots. Felony conviction, I choose you!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
They are going to have fun explaining their convictions to their respective cellies...

"Looks like we'll be sharing space for a while. I'm a serial rapist with a felony murder rap on top. You look soft- what are ya in for, fish? Drugs? Robbing a convenience store?"

"I brought unlicensed guns to a Pokemon convention."

"What? I didn't hear you."

"I brought unlicensed guns to a Pokemon convention."

"Ohhhhhh myyyyyyy...."

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
From the article I read yesterday. these boys loved guns and pokemon.

and on the day of their trip, they took photos of themselves with the guns saying they were going to the pokemon event.

And made references to killing people, and took part in conversations where Columbine and the Boston Marathon bombing were referenced, saying things like, "my AR-15 says you lose".

So, really, if they weren't actually making threats, they did about everything they could to look like they were doing so.

Janx

Hero
And made references to killing people, and took part in conversations where Columbine and the Boston Marathon bombing were referenced, saying things like, "my AR-15 says you lose".

So, really, if they weren't actually making threats, they did about everything they could to look like they were doing so.

yeah, I didn't have exact quotes lined up to say how bad what they said was.

But ultimately, I was pretty sure they was planning something bad.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases