[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Pirvinia4_zpsd6ee1686.jpg
Farziel_zpsaihyrbov.jpg

Pirvina and her fiery companion sat near the fireplace. The mephit liked the flames and having them a few steps away made her more comfortable.

The sorceress observed the recruitment going on, but remained seated as most of the adventurers interested were rookies and journeymen that needed some more experience. Having completed a few quests now, she was a veteran.

She would have talked with the other woman that introduced herself, but Kelpi had jumped at the chance to take on some work. She understood that business was more important than exchanging social pleasantries.

Far’ziel commented, “Tis a busy place.”

Privinia replied, “Indeed. It ebbs and flows, though. Let’s order some drinks and you can try their frog legs if you want.”

The sorceress did not eat or sleep much anymore, her magical ring eliminating the need. Pirvinia gestured over a barmaid and ordered a bottle of elven wine and inquired over a ‘flaming dragon’ drink. She had heard that it was a special brew of ale where they poured some really strong brandy or whisky on the top where it would float. Then the bartender would light it on fire to serve. Her mephit would enjoy that, she knew.

[sblock=GE]Sorry, GE. I was busy catching up from some stuff and had to give Pirvin a lower priority and could not get around to replying to Kelpi. I wanted to though.

Hopefully some of the characters that are going to be working with Pirvinia on the next adventure will come to the DWI soon.

[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+9, Perception: +10 (12 with Far'ziel)
AC: 17 (21 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 14, Flat-footed 14)-> 21 with Mage Armor
HP:
56 Current: 56
CMD: 16, Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +9
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand: None
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 8/8, 2nd Level: 8/8, 3rd Level 8/8, 4th Level 5/5

Far'ziel
Initiative:
+6 Senses: darkvision; Perception: +12
AC: 26 (Touch 15, flat-footed 22) -> 30 with Mage Armor
HP:
28 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +6
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor, Immune Fire, Vulnerable to Cold, DR5/Magic
SLAs: 1x/Hour--Scorching Ray [Att: +7, dmg: 4d6],
1/day--heat metal (DC 14), summon (level 2, 1 fire mephit 25%)
Weapon in Hand: 2 Claws [Att: +6, dmg: 1d3+1]
Special Attack: Breath Weapon (15-ft cone, 1d8 fire, DC13 half, every 4 rounds)

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock][sblock=GM Note]@Sezarious & [MENTION=6796086]Radaceus[/MENTION]; Please do not use Quote BBCode for other players text in the IC thread. It adds clutter and can be worked around with a little bit of writing to indicate who your character is replying to.

And OOC posts should be in sblocks. {pokes SdW who knows better}[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Brog Strongheart

Brog's countenance didn't change under the new dwarf's stares as he ordered another mug of ale before replying, "Ay, many types of evil exist. There are the goblins, nasty little fiends, and the orcs, stinky devils, but the Stronghearts focus on the threat posed by the nasty giants. We are trained from youth to either smith or fight the foul beasts and remove their filth from the world. I myself have been granted the right to pursue the hunt beyond the clan mines after landing the killing blow on a nasty, nasty troll." He proudly pulls out a a canteen that looks like the remains of a troll skull before continuing. "I am disappointed, though. I have been here a full hour and a half and no news of giants to slay or even local monsters to clear. The most that has come up is from a distant land. A most disappointing start to what will surely be the grand epic story for the ages that my giant slaying career is destined to become."

Radaceus

Adventurer
Snorri Ironaxe, Stonelord

"Hahar! I say the only evil that matters is rid evil, 'sides me axe knows no differnt" Snorri, slides the extra ale in front of Brog, and slugs the half of his of his "I, too, question what I be questin', " after a momentary pause to stare into his skein, he slugs the remainder. "One things for certain, two axes are better than none! What say we put some evil to that test, cousin?"

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Well, it's not giants, but I suppose it's a good warmup to build teamwork with. Not that it's needed with a fellow dwarf, but with some of these others who may not be trained in proper tactics, it could be helpful. I look forward to battling beside you, cousin." Brog speaks sagely, at least in his mind, as he downs the last of his ale. Before turning from the counter and heading to the backroom, he hand the barkeep a few more gold coins. "Use these to keep that messy fire whatsit content with whatever food and drink it will buy. I like her spirit and look forward to swapping stories about ogre killing upon my return." With that, he turns and leaves the main room.

ealt

Explorer
Maenor Thandgur

[section]

Watching the farmer head for the back room, Maenor stands to follow him. He addresses Tamarie before leaving "Tonight has been interesting to say the least. Good fortune to you, Lady Tamarie." He finishes his sentence with a regal bow before hurrying to catch up with his soon-to-be employer.
[/section]

[sblock=Maenor Thandgur Mini-Stats]Maenor Thandgur
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB: +0
CMD: 14

Fort: +3
Reflex: +3
Will: +3

Knowledge (Arcana): +7
Knowledge (History): +8
Perception: +2
Spellcraft: +7
Use Magic Device: +4

Arcane Pool: 4/4

Concentration: +6

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips (DC 13)
• Acid Splash
• Light
Level 1 (DC 14)
• Chill Touch

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli and Scuttle

[section]
With a backwards glance and nod at the woman with the allied fire spirit, Kepli tucked Scuttle under her arm and followed after the others who were planning to mount an expedition to Wildsgate.
[/section]

[sblock=Perrin]Hey, no problem, there will be other times for us to chat it up.[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Kepli[/size] Aasimar Shaman 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: +11 (+13 w/ Alertness); Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +6

In Hand: shortspear
Conditions: None yet
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Sleep, Cure Light Wounds
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance, Virtue
Special:
Concentration +7
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 1/1
Stormburst: 6/6 (target treats foes as if they have concealment, 20% miss, for 1 round)
Fury Hex: 1/target (+2 morale to attack, +2 resistance to save vs fear; 3 rounds)
--Used:
Alchemist's Fire 2/2
sling (9/10 bullets)

[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10

AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +1 CMD: 7 Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Beak: Nothing
Conditions: None yet
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +5 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
A figure wrapped in a dusty red cloak entered the tavern. It's not like he had anywhere else to be, and it was cloudy. Would it rain soon? He had been here a year, now, yet he was still unused to the regular showers, and so he had come here for shelter just in case. He undid the fastens and hung the cloak by the door. He looked around to take it all in.

Samad Salil waved, and called, "Ah, Lady Pirvinia!," as he uncovered his face and smiled, making his way over to the table as the pack of strangers were making their way out.

Remove ads