LMoP [ooc]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Leonan is my character. He doesn't need NPC ing. Castagyr does.

Mips, map shows two hobos still up and one that Leonan blasted away is still 10' away. Yet, you described him moving back and missing Leonan.

Tuxgeo, when two PCs threaten same enemy, you get advantage on the attack. Your bow shouldn't have disadvantage (nor advantage) since they negate each other. I think.

Last edited:

mips42

Adventurer
I knew that Leonan did not need NPC treatment, I just had not seen an action so was waiting.
I believe Neurotic is correct only when you use the optional flanking rules. however I'll let Eddicus use the first roll.

Neurotic

I knew that Leonan did not need NPC treatment, I just had not seen an action so was waiting.
I believe Neurotic is correct only when you use the optional flanking rules. however I'll let Eddicus use the first roll.

I didn't realize those are optional, just that it is 5e equivalent. Good call. I asked for map clarification to decide if Leonan is in melee or needs to move to Castagyr.

Axel

First Post
Advantage is huge. Done give it away too easily. Being adjacent and granting advantage is the wolf pack barbarians thing. Don't take it away from them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neurotic

One more clarification please, [MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION], sorry for holding up the game :(

Is Brlo 17 vs AC a hit? I expect the hobgoblin is dead from cumulative nearly 30 damage? If so, Leonan can move next to Trogdors (maybe even flanking position, I have to check the distance) and attack. If not, use single attack roll (probably a miss) from the combat post.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Regarding the matter of Eddicus' making bow attacks in melee range:

He's a dufus; and more so than I intended him to be.
Looking closely at the rules for ranged attacks in melee, I see that the Disadvantage applies to any ranged attack roll. It does not mention melee attack rolls (dagger would be fine), nor does it mention spell attacks that have saving throws instead of attack rolls. Sacred Flame couldn't be cast at Disadvantage, since it involves no attack roll to be Disadvantaged.

Melee Dagger: attack at +5 to hit, damage 1d4+3 (theoretical average 5.5)
Sacred Flame: attack at +4 vs. save, damage 1d8 (theoretical average 4.5)
Yeah, the Melee Dagger is better on both counts. He has one. He should wield it. I see that now.

Neurotic

Mathemathically, that is correct assuming AC and saves are comparable. If ac is much higher, it is better to cast.

Remove ads