WOIN New to WOIN and I have a couple of questions.

deadnite3

First Post
First question: Which defense do creatures with a poison bite attack? Melee def or Vital Def?

Second Question: Can a evocation spell that is charged into a weapon be set to a duration of one minute or is the effect used upon contact?

dekrass

Explorer
I'm not sure on the first one. I lean toward Melee Defense.

As for the second, the duration is how long the object can hold the charge. The spell would be discharged on the first hit.

M3woods

Explorer
First question: Which defense do creatures with a poison bite attack? Melee def or Vital Def?

Generally, the poison bite attack targets vital defense, but I consider them as having two different effects. At my table it takes an attack vs MELEE to hit with the bite attack. If the attack is successful, on the next round, the attack is rolled a second time against VITAL. On a successful hit, the opponent gains a 1st degree Poisoned Condition (or 2nd degree, if the attack Crits.)

For some creatures - serpents, vampires, carnivorous plants, izkik warriors - I require a successful grab before allowing the bite attack.

deadnite3

First Post
I have a third question now. The barbarian exploit trophy collection lets you regain luck dice but its not a full pool replenishment. Do these trophies let you go over your max luck pool?

Brian I

First Post
I have a third question now. The barbarian exploit trophy collection lets you regain luck dice but its not a full pool replenishment. Do these trophies let you go over your max luck pool?
Reading it, I’d say not. It does let the character do an instant replenish on a spent Luck Die. Doesn’t seem to be a limit to how many a character could have on hand, so having a few would be a pretty big boon.

deadnite3

First Post
Alright. Q4. There are references on this forum that the enduring object enhancement for the create skill didnt make it into the final cut of the OLD but the PDF i have, the hardback copy, and the WOIN websites magic enhancements section all list it as existing. Does it actually exist?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Alright. Q4. There are references on this forum that the enduring object enhancement for the create skill didnt make it into the final cut of the OLD but the PDF i have, the hardback copy, and the WOIN websites magic enhancements section all list it as existing. Does it actually exist?

It's errated out. It won't be in v1.2.

Remove ads