D&D 5E One Shot - Frolic and Fire [OOC] [FULL]

mips42

Adventurer
Well, here goes. This is a shortish adventure for 4-6 level one or level two characters. Feel free to try out new concepts or ideas. PHB and Xanathars are go, Unearthed Arcana or other sources, please ask.
All apologies to every DM Ive stolen Ideas from for this (too many to name).

[sblock=DMs Musings]
Ive always believed that Narrative fiction / RPGs in general and D&D in particular are supposed to be fun. If Ask the DM is Rule 0, have fun is rule 0.5.
[sblock=stuff i feel I shouldn't have to say, but will anyway]
  • Have fun... Until your fun hinders someone elses ability to have fun.
  • Play your character... until doing so hinders another persons ability to play theirs or have fun.
  • Play nice with other peoples characters: if you would not like it done to you or your character, dont do it to them or theirs.
  • Play fair: dont fudge the fail. Sometimes the failures are what define your character.
[/sblock]
General rules:
  • Your character is awesome, Let them be awesome. Even at "lowly level 1", your character is head and shoulders above the general populace. A level 1 cleric, for example, can perform what we would consider miracles. What sounds better: "I move 30 feet and hit that guy with my sword, I rolled a 14." or "Hey, I want to run over, use that table as a springboard, run along the wall, spring off the wall, do a flip, THEN strike that guy!" That's awesome.
  • Be Descriptive: I will do my best to describe the sights, sound, smells, tastes and textures of the world around you. For your character, this is their world, Help others (and me) experience it with them. Again, which is better: "he has an old hat" or "the hat sat, slumped and battered in his hands. The brim was tattered and threadbare in the best of places while the crown was and ripped, torn and full of holes in the rest. It looked as if it might smell of dead rat." The second, clearly.
  • You know your character and the rules that apply to them better than other players or even I do. Having said that, don't get bogged down in "this rule says...".
  • If the rules dont cover something you think your character should be able to do, Ask. This DOES NOT mean ask for Fireball at level 2. The rules cover that.

Dice and Dice rolls:
If you want to use real dice, Great. Do it. just be honest with your rolls. If you prefer to use a online roller, great. Do that.
In general, roll what you think you need to roll in order to do the thing you want to do. If I need or want something you didn;t include, I'll let you know either by post or PM.

Final words:
See rule 0.5. This is supposed to be fun. I really hope you do and look forward to the adventure (literal and figurative).
[/sblock]
opening scene posted soon.

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Interest post. Not sure which of my characters I will take.

Note: The RG for One Shots (and character gene) is already up. Making it easy for multiple DMing. I think we used the Adventure League rules for most of it? Been a while since I started all this.

Also people who haven't played in a One Shot get preference over those who have a character with some XP.

And thanks for doing all this, I don't get a chance to think on my One Shot characters often.

khouji

First Post
I m a Web Designer in an online shop that sells cat supplies like cat beds, litter pan, toys and many more. I want to know Which character should I use?

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Hi again khouji,

Character Gene rules can be found HERE and you could make just about any character.

I'm not sure what I wish to play either. I haven't even made my D character yet, I might look into that over the Holiday.

Have fun making a character.

khouji

First Post
Hi again khouji,

Character Gene rules can be found HERE and you could make just about any character.

I'm not sure what I wish to play either. I haven't even made my D character yet, I might look into that over the Holiday.

Have fun making a character.

Hi Earlybird, thank you foryour directions.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
If there’s no objections, I’d love to throw in my Group D character, which I’m working on. Tabaxi rogue, or monk, or (eventually) rogue-monk multiclass.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Milady de Winter is L2 human crossbow fighter. Zuleyka is a L2 Drow bladesinger. Both are available. Magdalena is a human vengeance paladin and is wrapping up a one shot. She might be available, and should be L2 once everything is tallied.

I'll step aside for new players, of course.

mips42

Adventurer
So far, I have 2 : A unnamed Tabaxi monk, Whatever Kahless decides on and someone named Badger. so 1 more minimum and a max of 4 more. Head on over to the RG and roll up something fun.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases