[5E] [OOC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Closed)

TallIan

Explorer
[5E] [OOC/Closed] JM's A Bit of Trouble

That could work too, it’s hard to get long term players I find.

Perin did make a visual search of the camp. Post 484

I meant, no one searched the camp. I took Perin's action as looking for hostiles. Not checking the camp for loot, info, etc. There's another healing potion there. I'm pretty sure someone needs one. But I forget where hit point totals are at the moment.

In any case, I'm going to hold off on posting. Until Sunday. If we don't hear from Thateous and Zadolix by then, I'll open the game to new players. Shouldn't be difficult to make up an excuse for Everett to want to head back to Bit. And Z might accompany him. At that point, I'll also push the story forward to get past the next round of "we follow the tracks north".

eayres33

Explorer
Hello, I know I was one of the original players who ended up flaking out, sorry but I hit a rough patch in my employment and lost a lot of time. I've been trying to get back into playing PBP but all the games have dried up. Would love to join this game as a new player. Thinking Trickster Cleric.

Sure, life happens. Welcome again. The party is 2nd level now but the original chargen rules should still work. Integrating a new PC (two would be better) will be easy soon and it will not require knowing much of the existing back story.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
If you are still looking I'd be interested. I haven't read much of this thread yet nor any of the IC, but your premise sounds intetesting. Any chance you'd let me play a Centaur (it's in the Ravnica book). They seem to be around in your setting if I am not mistaken. An archer is what I am thinking. Fighter. (Eventually Samurai).

I don't have the Ravnica book. Is there any differences there and the UA-Centaurs PDF? If nothing is seriously different, sure, be a centaur. RG thread contains chargen info. Just read the first 3 posts of the IC where the campaign background is. No need to catchup with the rest of the IC.

The following traits are shared by player characters who are centaurs.
  • Ability Score Increase. Your Strength score increases by 2, and your Wisdom score increases by 1.
  • Age. Centaurs mature and age at about thesame rate as humans.
  • Alignment. Centaurs are inclined toward neutrality.
  • Size. Your size is Medium, yet you tower over most other humanoids.
  • Speed. Your base walking speed is 40 feet.
  • Charge. If you move at least 20 feet straight toward a target and then hit it with a melee weapon attack on the same turn, roll the weapon’s damage dice twice and add them together. Once you use this ability, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
  • Hooves. Your hooves are natural melee weapons, with which you’re proficient. If you hit with a hoof, the target takes bludgeoning damage equal to 1d6 + your Strength modifier.
  • Equine Build. You count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push or drag.
    In addition, any climb that requires hands and feet is especially difficult for you because of your hooves. When you make such a climb, each foot of movement costs you 4 extra feet, instead of the normal 1 extra foot.
    Finally, a Medium or smaller creature can ride on your equine back if you allow it. In such a situation, you continue to act independently, not as a controlled mount.
  • Survivor. You have proficiency in the Survival skill.
  • Hybrid Nature. You have two creature types: humanoid and monstrosity. You can be affected by a game effect if it works on either of your creature types.
  • Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Sylvan.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I don't know. I assume it's the same, but the Ravnica one is revised after the UA playtesting is done. Let's compare:

Centaur Traits Your centaur character has the following racial traits. These traits are also suitable for the centaurs of other worlds where there are centaurs of fey origin. These centaurs are smaller than the non-fey centaurs that roam in some realms.

Ability Score Increase Your Strength score increases by 2, and your Wisdom score increases by 1.

Age Centaurs mature and age at about the same rate as humans.

Alignment Centaurs are inclined toward neutrality. Those who join the Selesnya are more often neutral good, while those who join the Gruul are typically chaotic neutral.

Size Centaurs stand between 6 and 7 feet tall, with their equine bodies reaching about 4 feet at the withers. Your size is Medium.

Speed Your base walking speed is 40 feet.

Fey Your creature type is fey, rather than humanoid.

Charge If you move at least 30 feet straight toward a target and then hit it with a melee weapon attack on the same turn, you can immediately follow that attack with a bonus action, making one attack against the target with your hooves.

Hooves Your hooves are natural melee weapons, which you can use to make unarmed strikes. If you hit with them, you deal bludgeoning damage equal to 1d4 + your Strength modifier, instead of the bludgeoning damage normal for an unarmed strike.

Equine Build You count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push or drag. In addition, any climb that requires hands and feet is especially difficult for you because of your equine legs. When you make such a climb, each foot of movement costs you 4 extra feet, instead of the normal 1 extra foot.

Survivor You have proficiency in one of the following skills of your choice: Animal Handling, Medicine, Nature, or Survival.

Languages You can speak, read, and write Common and Sylvan. Sylvan is widely spoken in the Selesnya Conclave, for it is rich in vocabulary to describe natural phenomena and spiritual forces.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases