DT Butchino's To Boldly Go...

Janx

Hero
Thanks, Janx and Sky. Hope it helps out everyone's campaigns. :)

So, if I was going to use this, and didn't have Tru20 rules, are there any "close enough" rules for completing character generation I could use? Or stats for weapons (ex Phaser. 1d8 damage or Reflex Save to avoid stun)

Basically, a poor man's adaptation to D&D d20 concepts, without lots of special rules differences to play Trek with D&D rules.

Not knowing the HP scale, I'm thinking 8 HP for 1st level PCs + con bonus, and +5 HP per level after (plus con bonus). Modern/sci-fi d20 games seem to like slower HP progression, so I see no reason not to emulate that.

Which for me, mostly means, the expected HP scale, AC /armor (does everybody have AC10 forever?). and equipment for killing each other, i mean NPCs.

Sketchpad

Explorer
Janx, that's not a bad start. M&M had used d6 when they gave optional dice rules. You could go that route. So something with a +8 damage would 8d6. ;)

Janx

Hero
Janx, that's not a bad start. M&M had used d6 when they gave optional dice rules. You could go that route. So something with a +8 damage would 8d6. ;)

Thanks. Sounds like a reasonable approximation to D&D HP, AC and damage values will be sufficient. Considering it's just for my own campaign, I can fine tune any problems out if they come up.

Remove ads