Some Good Omens appear...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Sorry, wasn’t clear: my folks have Prime. We use it all the time to buy stuff.

But none of us has ever used it to watch anything.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
That will probably require Mom remembering her password, won’t it?

I feel a sense of foreboding. As if it will take her so long to figure it out that the REAL apocalypse will be upon us just as I start the final episode of Good Omens...

Dioltach

Legend
I just watched the first two episodes. Very good, the second one perhaps better than the first. Excellent acting and production values, and they've managed to retain the humour and feel of the book.

MarkB

Legend
Amazon UK are offering a one-week Prime trial subscription for 99p. Should be plenty of time to get through the series.

MarkB

Legend
I was going to ration it out to an episode or two a day, but I've ended up binge-watching it all between last night and today. An excellent adaptation that manages to capture pretty much all the essentials from the novel, and brings the story to the screen very well.

If I had any criticisms, it would be that the demon costumes/headgear were a little on the silly side, and that the kids didn't get quite enough screentime - but those are minor quibbles. Overall, very well done.

carrot

Explorer
I was also only going to watch an episode a day, but also ended up binge-watching the entire thing in one evening.

I really enjoyed it - Tennant and Sheen were brilliant! I was a little disappointed that the "other" four horsemen of the apocalypse didn't feature as that was my favorouite bit of the book, but lets hope Neil can be persuaded to produce Good Omens II: 668, the neighour of the beast :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases