D&D 4E Get WotC 4e's Online Character Builder to work or get a sub

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
So, I tried to create an account so I could sub on my own, and got the following error:

"Whoops!
Whoops! A system error is preventing us from doing that. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Try back in a while and we should have everything working again! Or, contact our game support team for additional help."

So I guess their login server is down, likely for maintenance.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Now that the login servers are working again, I tried to sub to the old tools, but it times out to a blank screen on all browsers on PC, and gives me a 504 on my phone. Ticket submitted. Will update.

MwaO

Adventurer
MwaO while you're here, did you see my post a few weeks ago about how to get version 52 of Firefox?
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...a-sub/page15&p=7601255&viewfull=1#post7601255

Suggest you update the first post - the link needs to point to the Mozilla FTP site to get the 52 version, not the general ESR page which is the 60 version.

Good point. Changed it. I really don't recommend Firefox over Sea Monkey for a couple of reasons:
At least on my mac, when typing into search areas, Firefox can lag simply over typing.

People might use Firefox as a general purpose browser. For security reasons, having a single purpose browser only used for one thing is useful. Especially when dealing with a depreciated element that might cause security risks. As an example, even if ddi were somehow hacked and broke into the browser's passwords, my list of passwords on Sea Monkey is a sum total of 1. Sites I've visited are a total of 2. Trying to get me to visit some other website in Sea Monkey to enter information to say Twitter? Well, I know I've never visited Twitter on Sea Monkey, so that's kind of a dead giveaway...

Honestly don't think any of those things are going to happen, but even if it did, it would go nowhere fast...

In certain situations and on certain computers, one may be able to install Firefox, because it is a "recognized" browser; but not SeaMonkey. If you catch my drift. ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases