Eadric et. al. (The Paladin and his Friends).

Gwarok

Explorer
Ok, because I needed a Tales of Wyre fix and also because I know we all love him, using the 3.5 Rules I bring you the one, the only...

Mogus the Hedgehog (CR 16)

Pseudonatural Familiar
Tiny Outsider (Augmented Aberration, Native)

Hit Dice: 15D4 (228hp) – Half of Mostin
Initiative: +6
Speed: 10ft.
Armor Class: 55 (+4 size, +6 Dex, Natural Armor +35), touch 55, flatfooted 49
Base Atk/Grapple: +15
Attack: +21 tentacle rake (2d8+6)
Full Attack: +21 melee, 4 tentacle rakes (2d8+6)
Special Attacks: Improved grab, rotting constriction, spell-like abilities
Specal Qualities: Alertness, cannot be flanked, constant insight, Improved Evasion, damage reduction 15/epic, darkvision 120ft., immunities (acid, electricity), SR 75, Share Spells
Saves: Fort +16 Ref +17 Will +24
Abilities: Str 23 Dex 22 Con 21 Int 20 Wis 24 Cha 4

Skills: Hide +26, Listen +9, Spot +9

Feats: Alertness.

Metagnostic Form (Su): As a free action, Mogus can change form between a hedgehog and a writhing mass of tentacles, or any combination in between. Typically, he appears as a hedgehog with vestigial alien features. A true seeing spell reveals Mogus as existing in all forms simultaneously. In his tentacled form, Mogus may use Improved Grab and Rotting Constriction in addition to his other abilities. In this form, nonpseudonatural enemies suffer a –1 morale penalty on their attack rolls to hit Mogus; creatures using true seeing automatically incur the penalty.

Mogus's metagnostic form is not subject to dispel effects, but within an antimagic field Mogus may not change form and retains whichever shape he possessed before entering the field.

Improved Grab (Ex): If Mogus hits an opponent of Tiny-size or smaller with a tentacle, he deals normal damage and attempts to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Rotting Constriction (Ex): Once Mogus has hold of an opponent, each successful grapple check he makes during subsequent rounds permanently drains 2d4 points of Constitution. At the same time, Mostin regains 10 lost hit points.

Spell-Like Abilities: As a standard action, Mogus can use blur, haste or dimension door. Caster level 20th.

Dont mess with the Mogus.

grodog

Hero
Thought just occurred to me, Chieromancer--where are all the images, anyway? I've maybe seen one..?

We used to have them posted in the Yahoo Group, and the files are likely still there. I've probably got them on one of my HDs too.

edit: yep, still in the Yahoo Group Files and Photos sections: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Sepulchraves-Wyre/photos/photostream

yahoo-group-images.jpg

Allan.

Last edited:

grodog

Hero
I've got these stashed on my dropbox. Would it be all right to share a link to that (and the compiled story hour files)?

I think so, Wumpus: they've been shared previously here and in the Yahoo group, with the permission of Sep and the artists.

Allan.

SDFcvAERT

First Post
Oh, Sep. Your work is awesome. Tales of Wyre is the only reason that I became interested in D&D and the sole inspiration for me to revitalize my writing career. Not only are is Tales of Wyre the best story hour that I have ever encountered, you may be the most underrated author I have ever encountered. From the moment I discovered Tales of Wyre I have read it countless times. Thank you so much for the effort you put into these, and keeping us (insatiable) fans happy!

A compiled pdf copy of Tales of Wyre: \

Attachments

• Sepullchrave's Tales of Wyre. - UPDATE.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 1,164

My friend, this thread was started over twenty years ago, and hasn't had a post since December 2018, over four years ago. The first post of this page was in mid-2015. Thread necromancy can do some interesting things sometimes, but I don't think you're going to get much from it here!
True, but this is where it has happened before.
In Horatio's name:
BUMP!

Remove ads