The last year's worth of character creation options...

Larrin

Entropic Good
I totally forgot about the races in MToF!

This sums up the contribution MToF has made to the 5e player experience. Since it's been published I've only ever seen one person make a character using it (Eladrin). I personally believe part of this is because it is the least conveniently laid out book in terms of player material. The PC bits are sprinkled throughout the book, devil stuff in devil chapter, fey stuff in fey chapter, gith stuff in gith chapter, unlike other books that collected Player stuff in one place. You can't just get a feel for things by browsing the races and subrace options like you can in other books, you just see one bit at a time, isolated and inconvenient.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Don't forget Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes, which was also released in 2018. Several PC race options in there.

More to the point, nothing in MToF screams "overpowered" by itself or when considered in combination with any class/subclass options from the PHB, SCAG, XGtE, or GGR.

IT was released well over a year ago, however. But, yeah, balance concerns have not been a big deal for any product in 5E yet.

IT was released well over a year ago, however. But, yeah, balance concerns have not been a big deal for any product in 5E yet.

Not sure of the point you're making here with your first sentence. MToF was released May 29, 2018 if we really want to be exact. [MENTION=6783882]Nevvur[/MENTION] said s/he's been away for a year or so. So, yeah...

Agreed on your second sentence, in any case.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Not sure of the point you're making here with your first sentence. MToF was released May 29, 2018 if we really want to be exact. @Nevvur said s/he's been away for a year or so. So, yeah...

Agreed on your second sentence, in any case.

Nothing much, just I wouldn't have included something that came out ~13 months ago in the past year (note that the 29th is the wide release date, it was in FLGS and on Beyond two weeks earlier).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases