N.O.W. Wishlist!

Mike Myler

Have you been to LevelUp5E.com yet?
Much of N.O.W. is already planned out and we have a very, very good idea of how the project is going to develop.
We do not, however, have a 300 page playtest document for you to look at and critique (not yet, anyway!).

So what do you want to see? There are a lot of elements getting touched upon in N.O.W. and we know the scope of the endeavor: kickass action!

But what kinds? Where will the focus of confrontations be? What about all the story elements and how they tie together? Character progression and development consistent to the design model of O.L.D. and N.E.W.?

Morrus and I have notions for how to push this ahead, but we want to know what you want to see in N.O.W.!

Help us out and expand on our wishlist here; there's no guarantee that we include everything, but if you're as excited as we are about the places N.O.W. is going to take us, pitch in your two pence and let us know what's got you interested!

THE WISHLIST
High tech street vehicles (vehicle chapter)Government agencies
Shadow organizations
Corporate powerhouses
Intense action sequences
Exploding missile-motorcycles (equipment)
Mastery of the martial arts (careers)
Rebellious heroes

Warriors that never say never
Expanded driving and chase rules (vehicle chapter)
Talking cars (vehicle chapter)
Experimental technology (equipment/careers)
Astounding gadgetry (equipment/careers)
Unsound vigilantism

Sniperfox47

First Post
Morrus and I have notions for how to push this ahead, but we want to know what you want to see in N.O.W.!

While it may not be appropriate for all the audiences the book's written for, I'd love to see content to assist some of the grittier parts of pulp fiction/exploitative fiction, such as basic rules for drugs and solicitation. The book needs to stay appropriate for all it's potential audience so I wouldn't be expecting anything too in depth, but some subtle and basic rules on the subject would be helpful for a number of settings.

Things like the reference to the gold cost of a "companion" in pathfinder's ultimate equipment.

docdoom77

First Post
As mentioned in the other thread: ki/minor superpowers/bionics.

Alternative/addition to Luck, that is more useful when the odds are stacked against you. Action heroes are always doing the impossible.

I love your list, btw. Immediately brought G.I. Joe to mind. That sounds like fun on a bun!

Bawylie

A very OK person
Recreational drugs and cartels.

Law Enforcement (Beverly Hills cop)

Paranormal entities (ghostbusters)

Gangland

Fires, riots, quakes & other disasters

Noir

docdoom77

First Post
Recreational drugs and cartels.

Law Enforcement (Beverly Hills cop)

Paranormal entities (ghostbusters)

Gangland

Fires, riots, quakes & other disasters

Noir

I think the countdown mechanic will be great for some of these things (fires, riots, quakes and disasters)!

TiwazTyrsfist

Adventurer
I'd kind of like to see Gadgetteering fill the same spot that Psi and Magic fill in NEW/OLD.

Most (if not all) of Bond's gadgets defy the laws of conventional physics, and the same is at least partly true for other SuperSpies. I feel like it could be a good slot for doing rules similar to the freeform magic system in OLD to design gadgets, and also to allow MacGuyver-esqe jury rigging.

dekrass

Explorer
I'd kind of like to see Gadgetteering fill the same spot that Psi and Magic fill in NEW/OLD.

Most (if not all) of Bond's gadgets defy the laws of conventional physics, and the same is at least partly true for other SuperSpies. I feel like it could be a good slot for doing rules similar to the freeform magic system in OLD to design gadgets, and also to allow MacGuyver-esqe jury rigging.
I second this idea.
I totally want MacGuyver style PCs to be viable.

Phototoxin

Explorer
Survivial Horror - zombies/whatever a la Resident Evil or whatever

Something with a clue system (like gumshoe?) for CSI or murder mystery type games?

Mike Myler

Have you been to LevelUp5E.com yet?
Survivial Horror - zombies/whatever a la Resident Evil or whatever

Something with a clue system (like gumshoe?) for CSI or murder mystery type games?

We've talked about Intrigue rules (which would certainly include something like that!) but development is super early and action takes precedence; N.O.W. will kick teeth out first and if there's time and room, include a means to find them afterward. :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases