D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Infiltrators)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Pyrus & Torbin

Pyrus concentrated and the Dracolich Simulacrum burst into flames. It spun about, trying to put itself out to no avail. Torbin fired his bow as it revealed its underside (which was not on fire) and the arrows stuck into the softer rib-bones as it flailed about.

It was not finished, but the battle was clearly on the side of Imani's fortunate volunteers.

GM: I had to resolve the round before taking Udit's action into account. What @Ancalagon posted will be up soon, though.
Damage Taken:(BGs) Simulacrum1 31 & On Fire! & 9 & 9 (Arrows)
[sblock=Rolls]
Simulacrum Con Save vs Pyrus (Whoops!)
Save: 2D20.HIGH(1)+7 = [1, 2]+7 = 9
[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Encounter: Simulacrum (Above) & Bhaalite Skeletons (Below)

Begin Round Six

GM:
[sblock=Infiltrators]
Name * (Position) * AC * HP
Aquaria (*G14) AC17* HP 5/60
Auraia (*H8) AC17(19) HP 0/60 (1 Failed Death Save)
Lorenn (*L8) AC17(19) HP 14/48
Mord (J6) AC14 HP 29/45
Pyrus (K11) AC13 HP 28/60
Sesto (I12) AC18* HP 28/52
SnorLoska (C8) AC18* HP 47/75
Terrus (*J9K10) AC16(17) HP 25/67
Torbin (O5) AC15 HP 24/45
Udit (M9) AC15 HP 29/52
Zander (C9) AC19* HP 39/64
[/sblock]
[sblock=Enemies]
Simulacrum1 (D8F10) HP less 154
Bhaalite Skeleton1 (I8) HP less 23
Bhaalite Skeleton2 (J8) HP less 4
Bhaalite Skeleton3 (G13)
Bhaalite Skeleton4 (F13) HP less 14
Bhaalite Skeleton5 (J11)
*Wards 4/4 defeated
[/sblock]

Lair5.png

Vault7.png

EarlyBird

Explorer
Zander new the fight was close to over and he pulled out every trick he was taught, watched, or made up to try and bring down this monstrous thing.

OOC:
Action: Attack (gets two)
[roll0]
dmg [roll1]
[roll2]
dmg[roll3]
Bonus Action: Action Surge - Attack (get two more)
[roll4]
dmg [roll5]
[roll6]
can't roll 8 times so use an above dmg from any roll that missed
Move: None

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Udit, Torbin & Zander

Udit released his sending stone from his pocket and it fell into the rift, landing on the ground next to Lorenn. He heaved himself out of the rift once more and took aim, firing a well-placed arrow into the largest vertebra of the Dracolich Simulacrum's spine which split a large crack in the bone-like stone. Torbin followed his lead, sending two more arrows into nearly the same spot.

From his vantage on the massive stone "stage", Zander was able to duck under the Simulacrum's tail as it lashed about while the creature attempted to get past SnorLoska. The tail skidded across Zander's raised shield as it swung over his head. Then, timing it perfectly, Zander leaped onto the creature's back and jammed his blade into the cracks left by the archers' arrows. He pried with all his might (bending his sword slightly) and the simulated vertebra came apart.

This seemed to cause all of the bones to suddenly free themselves from the others, and the simulacrum fell pieces. Zander leaped free, rolling across the stage as many of the larger bones fell into the rift. As they struck the ground, much of the bones shattered into stones, scattering across the ground.

GM: Damage Taken (BGs) Simulacrum1 20, 11, 8, & 9 (Dead!)

OOC: As long as you don't wake the real and much bigger Dracolich, that only leaves the Bhaalite Skeletons down below. It's 300 feet down, though, so I dunno the best way down.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
In the rift, the Crystal Staff sensed what Terrus was thinking and said to him psychically, "With your connection to Elemental Earth, it may be possible for you to wrest control of the Node from foul Dretchroyaster. I can help you, but I will have to release him from our psychic battle. He will then be free to rise in all his terrible might. I suggest you have our escape ready before attempting to remove me from his grasp, or trying to wrest control of the Node."

Imani spoke on the sending stones, "I am prepared for the teleport Circle. Please identify which stone I should centre the spell on by saying into it: 'this one'."

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"Uh... that was, uh, really cool Zander! Nice one!"

Overhearing Itami's voice from Mord's stone, (and slightly regreting giving up his own) Udit spoke up

"Uh, the group up has smashed the fake dragon, but it would take us a bit of time to get down there, we can't like all fly and stuff. I don't know if it's safe to just flee while the guys below teleport?"

He then added:

"Uh... How is it going down there?"

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord watched the simulacrum's fall and smiled for just a moment then looked across at Sesto. He wasn't particularly fond of the light worker, but those angels could come in handy. "Priest! I can bring you into the pit, come meet me tobe taken down. The rest of you should flee. If we are successful, or if we are not, this place may well come down upon your heads!"

And with that, he moved around the rim of the crater, looking for any pinprick of light which he might use to pick as a destination. The moment that he could touch Sesto, he spokenhis spell.

Remove ads