[5E] [OOC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Closed)

[MENTION=6899077]EarlyBird[/MENTION] [MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION] [MENTION=6853819]TallIan[/MENTION] [MENTION=6804968]ArwensDaughter[/MENTION] [MENTION=6947884]Zadolix[/MENTION]

I have to say, I didn't expect everyone to survive so long. (Mostly I expected you not to go to the inn the first night. But that's decision point is long since passed.) But the battle for the inn is almost finished. This is just a convenient time to do this:

I'm doing something unorthodox. I'm having you level up in the middle of the fight. So everyone is now level 2 and there are still wolves incoming. I'll resume the IC in a few days once everyone has leveled up. Spellcasters gain an unused 1st level spell slot but if your class has to prepare a list of spell for the day, that list remains unchanged until you long rest. (sorry wizards, clerics and druids). Hit points: Take half the die for your class + 1. And you get those HP immediately.

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Sweet! I presume Con bonuses also apply to HP? Also, Surina gains spellcasting at level 2 but has no spells already prepared. I presume that means she has no spells prepared? I'm cool with that, since she can use spell slots for Divine Smite, but I thought I'd clarify.

EarlyBird

Explorer
I'm lookin ginto doing the same thing in a few of my games. Kind of like the level up from a video game or what not.

LVL: 2
+7 hp
Additional first lvl spell slot
Channel divinity 1/1 - Turn Undead and Guided Strike

Sweet! I presume Con bonuses also apply to HP? Also, Surina gains spellcasting at level 2 but has no spells already prepared. I presume that means she has no spells prepared? I'm cool with that, since she can use spell slots for Divine Smite, but I thought I'd clarify.

Yes, +CON Mod. Yes, she has no prepared spells. Just the open slots. Warning, the wolves probably aren't evil. :)

I'm lookin ginto doing the same thing in a few of my games. Kind of like the level up from a video game or what not.

The PbP format is so slow, anything that can make it seem video gamy can't be bad. :)

[MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION] [MENTION=6853819]TallIan[/MENTION] [MENTION=6947884]Zadolix[/MENTION]

Has everyone leveled their character's up? I only see Keth and Surina updated to level 2.

TallIan

Explorer
Oops, missed this mid combat level up for my post. I've spotted a fatal flaw in my planned character build for Perin, that is making me have to rethink things quite drastically.

Simply put, the way the UA beastmaster gets Extra Attack from his companion makes using the companion as a mount while using a lance much more restrictive. I also missed that fact that Mounted Combatant requires the target to be smaller than your mount to give you advantage.

So I'll have to think about what to do with Perin on the drive home this evening - whatever I decide his action won't change.

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
I leave tomorrow for vacation. As far as i know I won't have internet access at all while I'm away. I'll be back sometime on Friday. I'm o.k. with someone (either jmucchiello or another player) running Surina while I'm gone given that we are in the midst of battle. (And I'm o.k. with the possibility she might not survive combat; I won't hold it against whoever runs her if that's what you choose to do.) Sorry for the late notice; it only occurred to me today that no internet access meant I wouldn't be able to participate in the play by post.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases