The EN World IRON DM 2018 Tournament Scheduling Thread

Rune

Once A Fool
Sorry I’ve been incommunicado, folk. Unexpected visitors (hmmm. That would make a good ingredient).

Anyway, if [MENTION=976]Imhotepthewise[/MENTION] and [MENTION=50987]CleverNickName[/MENTION] are good for an 8:00 PM Eastern start (about 3 and a quarter hours from now), please confirm. If both contestants are good with that, ingredients will be posted around that time.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
[MENTION=67]Rune[/MENTION]: My Round 1 entry is up and ready for judgment.

[SBLOCK=My post-writing thoughts--no judges allowed!]With so many time-related ingredients, my first instinct was to write a time-travel adventure, or some kind of modern adventure in a corporate bureaucracy setting. I decided to go with planar travel instead, and embraced one of the oldest bureaucracies I could think of--religion!

But whatever. The real challenge wasn't the ingredients; it was that 750 word count limit. Brutal. I had to cut away so much exposition...super-important stuff too, like the background info that ties the Bible passage I quoted to the demon, and the reason why the demon was holding the soul of that character. (The gist of it was that no raise dead spells work anymore because Beezelbub had been released.) Alas, it's all on the cutting room floor now.

Ah well. Win or lose, this non-Catholic writer learned a bit about Purgatory and the medieval church.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Imhotepthewise

Explorer
[MENTION=67]Rune[/MENTION] [MENTION=976]Imhotepthewise[/MENTION] entry up. Early because I have a meeting and taking on [MENTION=50987]CleverNickName[/MENTION] fair and square.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
[MENTION=6785785]hawkeyefan[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6857996]LongGoneWrier[/MENTION] , I believe you two are the last two contestants and should be facing each other for Round 1, Match 4. Are you both ready to go? I plan to start in about 24 hours from now.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases