Deadly Class - SyFy channel

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
In my search for new shows to watch I came across Deadly Class made for Syfy and based on the comic book series set in the Reaganomics-1980s, the series revolves around King's Dominion, an elite private academy where students are trained to become assassins.

[video=youtube;Zn9n1pWLG0k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn9n1pWLG0k[/video]

The combination of High School drama, assassination and the societies dark underbelly amuses me, so has anyone seen it? What did you think?

Ryujin

Legend
"Hogwarts for assassins" would be a fairly accurate description of the series. I quite like it and just watched the season finale. I've always enjoyed Benedict Wong's style and Hank Rollins is fun.

*EDIT* They nailed the music.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
In my search for new shows to watch I came across Deadly Class made for Syfy and based on the comic book series set in the Reaganomics-1980s, the series revolves around King's Dominion, an elite private academy where students are trained to become assassins.

[video=youtube;Zn9n1pWLG0k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn9n1pWLG0k[/video]

The combination of High School drama, assassination and the societies dark underbelly amuses me, so has anyone seen it? What did you think?

It's pretty uneven, but still entertaining. I find that the seemingly random competence at violence the students show, despite some being hailed as already being formidable warriors, is jarring. The best fighter among the group seems to quite often get her ass handed to her. I think the series could really stand for more scenes showing the characters as competent at the whole assassin thing.

Ryujin

Legend
It's pretty uneven, but still entertaining. I find that the seemingly random competence at violence the students show, despite some being hailed as already being formidable warriors, is jarring. The best fighter among the group seems to quite often get her ass handed to her. I think the series could really stand for more scenes showing the characters as competent at the whole assassin thing.

*Potential* formidable assassins, which isn't the same thing as warriors. The one who is their best fighter generally gets her ass handed to her by either multiple opponents, people who have already graduated from the same school, or actual mature warriors. They're screw-ups because they're half-baked.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
*Potential* formidable assassins, which isn't the same thing as warriors. The one who is their best fighter generally gets her ass handed to her by either multiple opponents, people who have already graduated from the same school, or actual mature warriors. They're screw-ups because they're half-baked.
Spoiler:

[sblock]The headmaster of the school sent her to guard his family and seemed to believe she would be sufficient to protect them from very dangerous assassins (he was expecting the Guild), but she was busy ignoring him and getting beat up by random hillbillies. [/sblock]

Ryujin

Legend
Spoiler:

[sblock]The headmaster of the school sent her to guard his family and seemed to believe she would be sufficient to protect them from very dangerous assassins (he was expecting the Guild), but she was busy ignoring him and getting beat up by random hillbillies. [/sblock]

Valedictorian then.

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
In my search for new shows to watch I came across Deadly Class made for Syfy and based on the comic book series set in the Reaganomics-1980s ...

Ah, now this makes sense, I caught a random episode, and they had the Adolescents on stage, except as an old video sewn in, very strange. Personally, it didn't make sense in general, and seemed more of a teen drama.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
Ah, now this makes sense, I caught a random episode, and they had the Adolescents on stage, except as an old video sewn in, very strange. Personally, it didn't make sense in general, and seemed more of a teen drama.
Yeah, I think this is not far off.

Remove ads