Your most anticipated games of 2016?

Goodman games DCC Mutant Crawl Classics and the DCC Lankmar game. Both based off of DCC but both complete games and different. I think they will be compatible but I'm not sure.

Goodman games DCC Mutant Crawl Classics and the DCC Lankmar game. Both based off of DCC but both complete games and different. I think they will be compatible but I'm not sure.

Vaslov

Explorer
Clockwork Dominion's Curiosity Closet (I think the title is tentative)
Mindjammer's Kickstarter books (several new books to expand on the core book)
Savage Rifts

It's the 50th Anniversary of Glorantha in 2016, and there is a new edition of RuneQuest that reunites it with both Glorantha and Chaosium for the first time in about 30 years. So that is significant. I'm also intrigued to see how The Design Mechanism works out without the RQ brand now - especially Mythic Greece.

For me, though, I'll be mainly looking forward to Traveller 2nd Edition along with Traveller: Mindjammer and Traveller: Prime Directive, Paranoia, Puppetland, Delta Green, Aquelarre, King Arthur Pendragon with a new layout and art, Kult 3rd, Unknown Armies 3rd, and possibly 20th Anniversary editions of Wraith and Changeling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluenose

Adventurer
Wait, what?

OK, so first Mongoose makes RuneQuest II (not to be confused with Runequest 2nd ed from Way Back Then). Then they lose the license, and re-release the game, slightly altered as Legend.

Then The Design Mechanism gets the RuneQuest license, and makes a few changes (on the order of D&D 3.0 to 3.5, or possibly less), and release it as RuneQuest 6. Now they've lost the license, and are ​also re-releasing their game under a different name? So there will soon be two former-RuneQuest-clones around?

Chaosium had financial problems, and The Design Mechanism came in with the cash that probably stopped them folding. There's been a bit of a shuffle, so Chaosium will be publishing Runequest again with a specifically Gloranthan edition (reputedly to be based more on BRP) while TDM will carry on publishing RQ6 but with a different name and with the "Mythic" series of supplements for it.
[MENTION=27252]TrippyHippy[/MENTION]
Isn't Glorantha's fiftieth anniversary this year? At least for published products. White Bear and Red Moon was 1975, iirc.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
OK, here's our list so far. At this point I've just gathered all mentions of complete games in this thread. I haven't checked that they all exist, or that they all have 2016 release dates yet, so that might weed the list down a little.

Aquelarre
Blades in the Dark
Blue Rose (Fantasy AGE)
Changeling 20th Anniversary
Conan
Crypts and Things Remastered
DCC Lankmar
DCC Mutant Crawl Classics
Delta Green
Dresden Files Accelerated
First Contact: X Corps
Gumshoe One to One