Christian Persecution vs Persecuted Christians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadras

Legend
Well, technically speaking asking the current government of Turkey to apologize for the Armenian Genocide is sort of like asking the former Soviet Union to apologize to families of people executed by the Romanov dynasty. The Sultanate was abolished and replaced by a republic in 1922. Admittedly there is precedent for such and yes, there must at the very least be a full admission of events, but there is a disconnect. In Germany, people elected a government that performed the genocide. The Ottoman Empire was essentially a Caliphate.

Yes BUT, they don't even acknowledge it as a Genocide nevermind apologise or make reparations. Very much a white-washing of Islamic history.

Ryujin

Legend
Yes BUT, they don't even acknowledge it as a Genocide nevermind apologise or make reparations. Very much a white-washing of Islamic history.

Yes, that would be why I very specifically stated, "...there must at the very least be a full admission of events." ;)

"Islamic history", or "history"? I would say the latter. After all, do we refer to the systemic subjugation of Jews in Europe as "Christian History", or just "history"? This isn't hair splitting but rather pointing out a specific inequity in phrasing, that is aimed at supporting a premise.

Sadras

Legend
*Sound of omnious organ music in the background*

Organ music is always fun.

Who are those Muslims who actively persue the colonization of Europe?

They're probably all related to the same 19 muslims that flew the planes into the WTC buildings and Pentagon. Careful now, if you don't believe the official story you become a conspiracy theorist.

Any organization similar to the WZO out there?

Not that I'm aware of.

What is the percentage of refugees and migrants that are there to colonize Europe?

Well like the USA government's intelligence prior 9-11, I have no knowledge of it.

So, if Eastern European countries have revolted, it isn't the entire European governements, as you said, right?

What is your definition of entire European Governments? I didn't state the EU. The government of Hungary, Austria...etc

And this doesn't demonstrate that it isn't politicians betting on the islamophobia or plain old xenophobia of some of their voters to score points.

You are welcome to that opinion, but I do believe there are people in power who genuinely push a policy to protect their culture and heritage.

Yup: You say its "an attempt to preserve their culture and heritage". Seems like you're saying the manipulation of immigration policies is done to scare Europeans so they would approve of protective mesures.

No it doesn't. Let me try this another way.
Governments of Western Countries, identify the changes that an influx of a muslim population might bring about in their country, and therefore change immigration policies.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Yes, well, give them time.

It sometimes takes the Catholic Church *hundreds of years* to apologize for some of their wrongdoings. Pope John Paul II only got around to admitting the church was wrong and apologized to Galileo in 1992. He also apologized....

for Catholic Involvement in the African slave trade in 1993.

for the religious wars and burning people at the stake after the Protestant Reformation in 1995

for the 1204 Crusader attack and sacking of Constantinople, the apology came in 2001 - 800 years after the fact.

And this was all John Paul II. It took an exceptional man to make this happen.

It isn't like apologies are ever timely.

Sadras

Legend
Yes, that would be why I very specifically stated, "...there must at the very least be a full admission of events."

Right, I missed that line.

"Islamic history", or "history"? I would say the latter. After all, do we refer to the systemic subjugation of Jews in Europe as "Christian History", or just "history"? This isn't hair splitting but rather pointing out a specific inequity in phrasing, that is aimed at supporting a premise.

Islamic. I'm referring to situations where Islam played (in some still plays) a major role in the policies utilised and actions of the government or people at the time against Non-Muslims. I know they have their own in-fighting but I was not addressing that part of the discussion with regards to Islamophobia with @goldomark.

Last edited:

Sadras

Legend
And Buddhism isn't a religion of peace! Just look at what they are doing to the Muslims of Myanmar and Sri Lanka! http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/03/opinion/sri-lankas-violent-buddhists.html?_r=0
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...he-rohingya-migrant-crisis-in-southeast-asia/

When will de Dalai Lama apologize!?

Wow, you will stretch and pick at anything to argue with me. I'm flattered. LOL. Where did you get so many straws from?

The only reference I made to Buddhism, and it was only after you brought it up, was that it didn't have the same views on apostacy as Islam does. I made no personal assumption on whether it is a religion of peace, or how I felt about what happened to the muslims of Myanmar and Sri Lanka. And didn't even mention the Dalai Lama.
However all these kind of actions do not surprise me, and neither should they anyone, as the number of muslims begin to increases in the areas where Islam is a minority. What we are witnessing is human nature.

Last edited:

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Organ music is always fun.
This is why I ask cute women to play with my organ.

They're probably all related to the same 19 muslims that flew the planes into the WTC buildings and Pentagon. Careful now, if you don't believe the official story you become a conspiracy theorist.
So, Al Qaeda is now an organisation that is trying to colonize Europe?

Not that I'm aware of.
Not looking good for the organized colonization of Europe by Muslims.

Well like the USA government's intelligence prior 9-11, I have no knowledge of it.
So, your basing your statement on what you feel, fear in this instance, but not facts?

What is your definition of entire European Governments?
That would mean all European governments, as the word "entire" would lead us to believe.

You are welcome to that opinion, but I do believe there are people in power who genuinely push a policy to protect their culture and heritage.
But that doesn't mean it is a rational policy.

Governments of Western Countries, identify the changes that an influx of a muslim population might bring about in their country, and therefore change immigration policies.
"Might". So, it doesn't mean it is happening or will. It is the fear of a possibility, of a slippery slope. Not something that is rational or factual. It is base on islamophobia.

The Guardian as an interesting article and poll about people's perception of Muslims and Christians in their countries. Bascially, people overestimate the number of Muslims in their country (not a stretch to think they exagerate influence too) and underestimate the number of Christians. Interesting read. http://www.theguardian.com/news/dat...bably-wrong-about-almost-everything?CMP=fb_gu

Index-Ignorance-Musulmans.png

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases