Ken Spencer and Why Not Games Acquire Rocket Age

After last week's announcement that Cubicle 7 were letting a number of their licensed games expire, and were discontinuing their Rocket Age RPG, Rocket Ages designer, Ken Spencer, said that an announcement on the games future would be coming soon. Well, ‘soon’ has come swiftly along with the news that Ken Spencer has acquired the rights to Rocket Age off Cubicle 7 and has started a new company, Why Not Games, to keep the game alive by not only publishing the existing line but publishing new material too. For the full announcement please read on…

Ken Spencer and Why Not Games Acquires Rocket Age

Ken Spencer has purchased from Cubicle 7 all rights to the award winning Rocket Age product line. Why Not Games, co-owned by Ken, will continue the series with new material while also publishing the existing product line.

Ken commented, “Rocket Age has always been a labor of love for me, and to have ownership of the intellectual property as well as existing products is an astronomical boon. Together with the team at Why Not Games, I look forward to new titles we can add to the Rocket Age catalog, starting with Imperial Jupiter and moving on through the rest of the Solar System. We are currently looking beyond the role-playing game format and developing new ways to explore the Solar System that never was and the 1938 that should have been. Before we fire the second stage boosters, I would like to thank the fine folks at Cubicle 7 who got this ship in the air in the first place. Rocket Age would never have happened without the hard work and support of Dom, Jon, Paul, and the rest. No worries lads, I’ll take it from here. Rocket Rangers, Away!”

Rocket Age will soon be available for purchase in hard copy and PDF.

GenCon attendees: there are still a few open seats for Why Not Games events including Red Spot Blues for Rocket Age and Fall of Catopia for Caturday, part of the new weird races series for 5e.

You can find out more about Why Not Games and their future plans on their website.
SaveSave

AngusA

First Post
Fantastic love the game and have everything for it. Will there be a mailing list for this

They have a contacts form on the website but don't seem to have a mailing list (as yet anyway). They do have a load of information on what they're planning on doing for Rocket Age on the game line page - including info on Imperial Jupiter.

AngusA

First Post
How easy is it to use this system for other settings? Or, to put it inversely, how tied to setting, is the system?

The system is the VORTEX system that Dave Chapman created for the Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space RPG. It was also featured in the Primeval RPG that Cubicle 7 also published back in 2011/12. It's a very flexible system that could be used for a number of genres.

The system is the VORTEX system that Dave Chapman created for the Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space RPG. It was also featured in the Primeval RPG that Cubicle 7 also published back in 2011/12. It's a very flexible system that could be used for a number of genres.
Thank you.

Edit:
The Rocket Age Corebook is back up for sale, more titles in the series are on the way: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/215744/Rocket-Age
Is Print On Demand in the plans, or is it too early to ask?

Ken Spencer

Explorer
I thought I would update this, we have Heroes of the Solar System up on DTRPG as POD. We went with Heroes first as it has long been out of print and hard to find.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases