Pathfinder 1E Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP Part 2 with your hosts Scotley and MLeibrock

Scotley

Hero
(OOC - Sorry, I've moved to a new apartment and for a long time I didn't have internet because...infuriating reasons I won't go into now...but I am back!)

Thorn rushes in on Viridian's heels, circling to flank as her chains whicker out and slash their cold iron spines across demonic flesh!

(Attacking w/Favored enemy and flanking: [roll0] to hit, for [roll1] damage!)

OOC: Welcome back. Hope to have a post up this afternoon, but more likely tomorrow.

Scotley

Hero
"Let's see how brave you are with claw fighting claw." Viridian calls out in demon language. He moves closer and then suddenly blurs on all fours as he closes with the demon and then even passes it by, biting as he goes. Using his claws to arrest his momentum as soon as he passes the demon, he bites again, pushing forward with his neck, hitting sensitive (or at least, less armored) parts of the demon. Vir opens twin wounds over the freshly healed ones, but the demon shakes it off, clearly hurt, but not out of the fight yet.

Thorn rushes in on Viridian's heels, circling to flank as her chains whicker out and slash their cold iron spines across demonic flesh! The demon roars in anger and frustration and pain. The demon lashes out to touch Vir and the touch feels like a hot poker at Vir feels some of his life stolent away to heal the demon (20 points of
damage).

OOC: Thorn and Vir may act.

Back on the ground 4 new forms pop into being. They look like human skeletons with tight slimy translucent hide stretched over them. They each move toward one of you claws extended.

OOC: All may act.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: [MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION], [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION], is the demon still shaken? Scotley, this sounds like vampiric touch and Viridian has good touch AC, those two points might be important (or not, you didn't post the roll). Also, I couldn't take 20 pints without dying :p
[MENTION=51567]Lou[/MENTION], I could use some of those fine healing arts you offered earlier :)
HP 38/58

Viridian gnashes his teeth at the sudden pain, but focuses his mind on the objective. In this case, killing the demon. Being small has some advantages and one not often talked about is that you get a lot of beatings and you get used to pain.

And he learned how to dish it out right back. He bites the thing and latches on with his claws just long enough to swipe the tail over his head. The attack is too clumsy and black metal head bounces off the demons scales. But the attacks enhanced by the magic oil leave visible lines across lower torso and upper legs of the creature, undoing what its magic undid moments ago.

[sblock=Actions]
Summary: 12 +13 (+13 more if 20 hits) +9
Bite; Damage: 1D20+12+4+2 = [8]+12+4+2 = 26
1D4+5+4+2 = [1]+5+4+2 = 12

Claws; Damage: 1D20+12+4+2 = [16]+12+4+2 = 34
1D3+5+4+2 = [2]+5+4+2 = 13
1D20+12+4+2 = [2]+12+4+2 = 20
1D3+5+4+2 = [2]+5+4+2 = 13
- is 20 a hit?

Tail; Damage; Boar rend damage: 1D20+8+4+2 = [2]+8+4+2 = 16
1D6+3+4+2 = [6]+3+4+2 = 15
2D6 = [5, 4] = 9
- 16 misses probably
[/sblock]

Last edited:

OOC: [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION], [MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION], it should be shaken by 1 round + 1 round per 5 points by which I exceeded its target DC. Are these four new ones same as the one we fought with the ghouls?

As soon as new threats appear, bard reacts, stabbing his weapon deep into corrupted flesh. Thanks to his reach, he is able to shift a bit back to prevent close combat, at least for the moment. Pulling the weapon back he attacks again making another hole in the demon, slightly to the left and under the first wound.

Now at the safe distance (he hopes) he sets his spear and waits for inevitable counterattack.

[sblock=Actions]
Assuming these are demons vulnerable to cold iron 49 damage + 27 by OA = 76
If demons not vulnerable to cold iron: 37 damage + 22 by OA = 59
If neither demon nor vulnerable to cold iron: 24 damage + 11 by OA = 35

Readied: Readied attack vs demon; weapon damage; bane damage: 1D20+13 = [15]+13 = 28
1D8+8 = [6]+8 = 14
2D6 = [2, 1] = 3
- add 7 more if cold iron bypasses its regeneration

Standard attack vs demon; weapon damage; bane damage: 1D20+13 = [12]+13 = 25
1D8+8 = [2]+8 = 10
2D6 = [5, 5] = 10
- add 5 more if cold iron bypasses its regeneration

OA if applicable; weapon damage; bane damage: 1D20+13 = [18]+13 = 31
1D8+8 = [3]+8 = 11
2D6 = [5, 6] = 11
- add 5 more if cold iron bypasses its regeneration

In case these are babaus:
Save Ref DC 18 vs acidic slime: 1D20+13 = [19]+13 = 32
1D20+13 = [10]+13 = 23
- PASSED
OA Save Ref DC 18 vs acidic slime: 1D20+13 = [13]+13 = 26
- PASSED

Move: 5' step away
FREE: maintain bard song
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn moves to keep the flanking up, using the opening the demon is giving her by focusing his attention on Vir to strike with extra ferocity! She keeps an eye on the new threats, but wants to finish off this one before getting distracted by them.

(Attacking with Power Attack, -2 for +4 damage; penalty is cancelled out by flanking bonus) - Agh! Forgot favored enemy. Add +4 to hit and damage to these for Evil Outsider creature type!
[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]

Last edited:

Thorn moves to keep the flanking up, using the opening the demon is giving her by focusing his attention on Vir to strike with extra ferocity! She keeps an eye on the new threats, but wants to finish off this one before getting distracted by them.

(Attacking with Power Attack, -2 for +4 damage; penalty is cancelled out by flanking bonus) - Agh! Forgot favored enemy. Add +4 to hit and damage to these for Evil Outsider creature type!
[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]
Did you account bard bonus?

Remove ads