Your most used accessories?

Li Shenron

Legend
Lego minis, spell/action cards, DM's screen and (obviously) character sheets.

All of them custom-made, do they count?

No battlemats, we measure distances with rulers (also custom-made with Lego).

5ekyu

Hero
For campaign data, development, discussion pages, recaps etc OneNote is my lifesaver. Some pages shared to players, others where they can edit, discuss, maintain logs etc.

akr71

Hero
I was going to say my dry erase Adventure Grid from WotC, but I have access to a large format plotter at work, so that has been replaced by 24" x 36" grid on plain white paper with a sheet of plastic overtop it. Roll it up and go.

However, the accessory that I absolutely must have is my laptop. My notes are all on my Google Drive and DND Beyond has everything else I need.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
Thanks for the detailed list [MENTION=6796661]MNblockhead[/MENTION], that Time Tracker looks really cool. Actually it would be perfect on the flip side of my initiative tracker!

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Thanks for the detailed list @MNblockhead, that Time Tracker looks really cool. Actually it would be perfect on the flip side of my initiative tracker!

Only if used with wet erase, perhaps. But the way I use it, it is always set out on the table to my left. I have a number of small six-sided dice in various colors that I use as markers.

Note - that this time tracker has an initiative tracker built in so you may be able to use it for both. I don't use it for initiative as I use Hero Lab for complex encounters or just write it out on a piece of paper. Even having to erase wet/dry erase marker from a combat pad or similar is too much hassle for me. Also, I printed the Time Tracker at a smaller scale so that it takes up less table space. So I it would not be convenient for me to use to track initiative. But as a way to track rounds, turns, minutes, hours, and days - it is a great aid. I tick of days with wet erase (as the bottom of the tracker) but use my little d6 dice as time and tickler markers.

This has really helped me remember to roll for random encounters, track status effects, and to generally track in-game time. I've been using it for a few months now. I found it when I was researching better method for tracking time before starting my current Rappan Athuk campaign. Wish I would have found it years ago.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
All of them custom-made, do they count?

Of course! Can't imaging NOT customizing a DMs screen, even if it is just putting post-it notes on a purchased one. I like the recent DMs screens from WotC (did *NOT* like any of its precursors) -- I have the one with the red dragon flying away griping a fighter in a claw -- but one you've DM'd for awhile you don't need to look up half the stuff printed on it. So I've pasted references I find more useful over the ones I don't need. In particular, I made a chart based on the DMG variant mob rules to easily determine how many of a particular enemy are needed for an auto hit based on AC.

I also put campaign-specific post-it notes on my screen to remind me of any homebrew or variant selection for the campaign I'm currently running.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
This has really helped me remember to roll for random encounters, track status effects, and to generally track in-game time. I've been using it for a few months now. I found it when I was researching better method for tracking time before starting my current Rappan Athuk campaign. Wish I would have found it years ago.

Yep, this has been an issue for me too, which is why I appreciated the AngryGM’s idea (that this TimeTracker is derived from, and makes so convenient).

What final size did you go for?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases