YouGov D&D Alignment Survey - how many Britons identify as Chaotic Evil?

S'mon

Legend
This is incredible!
https://yougov.co.uk/topics/lifesty...ons-and-dragons-one-three-britons-are-neutral

Eg on public figures:
Among the Lawful Good group the public figure they like most compared to other groups is Theresa May. By contrast, the public figure that Chaotic Goods like most compared to other groups is Jeremy Corbyn.

Two further Labour figures top the lists, with Neutral Goods’ most preferred public figure being Labour MP Margaret Hodge and True Neutrals liking former Home Secretary David Blunkett.

Among Lawful Neutrals the most relatively favoured figure is Prince William, while Chaotic Neutrals have a thing for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.

Rabbitbait

Adventurer
This is awesome, shame they couldn't find enough evil people to make statistically valid statements about them, but on the other hand it's really good that they couldn't find enough evil people to make statistically valid statements about them.

This is incredible!
https://yougov.co.uk/topics/lifesty...ons-and-dragons-one-three-britons-are-neutral

Eg on public figures:
Among the Lawful Good group the public figure they like most compared to other groups is Theresa May. By contrast, the public figure that Chaotic Goods like most compared to other groups is Jeremy Corbyn.

Two further Labour figures top the lists, with Neutral Goods’ most preferred public figure being Labour MP Margaret Hodge and True Neutrals liking former Home Secretary David Blunkett.

Among Lawful Neutrals the most relatively favoured figure is Prince William, while Chaotic Neutrals have a thing for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.

I would pin pretty much all of those named people (along with most of the population of my country) as Evil.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
How much does anyone want to bet that Chaotic Evil Britons lied and self-IDed as other alignments

1) to remain concealed
2) to skew the polling
3) to sow chaos and uncertainty
4) for chutes* and giggles
5) all of the above

* weeeelllll, not so much “chutes”...

Zardnaar

Legend
I would pin pretty much all of those named people (along with most of the population of my country) as Evil.

That's probably more on you. People are starting to identify people they don't like or disagree with as evil.

Prince William and Harry I would probably skew more towards good alignment, their grandmother the Queen LN I could buy.

S'mon

Legend
That's probably more on you. People are starting to identify people they don't like or disagree with as evil.

Prince William and Harry I would probably skew more towards good alignment, their grandmother the Queen LN I could buy.

I think it's more that LNs identify more with traditional monarchical authority and the prince-saviour archetype, rather than anything about Prince William's own personality.

S'mon

Legend
How much does anyone want to bet that Chaotic Evil Britons lied and self-IDed as other alignments

1) to remain concealed
2) to skew the polling
3) to sow chaos and uncertainty
4) for chutes* and giggles
5) all of the above

They weren't asked "Are you CE?" per se - they were asked

When it comes to defence spending, which comes closer to your view?
Britain should increase spending on the armed forces so we can ensure we are protected against threats and remain a global power 43%
Britain should not increase spending on the armed forces so the money can be better spent elsewhere on things like education and healthcare 40%

and

If you had to choose, which of the following sets of values would you say most closely resembles your own:
Honour, trustworthiness, obedience to authority, and reliability 29%
Freedom, adaptability, and flexibility 17%
An even split between the two 46%

Thinking about the way you live your life, do you think it would be most fair to describe yourself as...
Good 63%
Neutral 30%
Evil 2%

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
They weren't asked "Are you CE?" per se - they were asked

When it comes to defence spending, which comes closer to your view?
Britain should increase spending on the armed forces so we can ensure we are protected against threats and remain a global power 43%
Britain should not increase spending on the armed forces so the money can be better spent elsewhere on things like education and healthcare 40%

and

If you had to choose, which of the following sets of values would you say most closely resembles your own:
Honour, trustworthiness, obedience to authority, and reliability 29%
Freedom, adaptability, and flexibility 17%
An even split between the two 46%

Thinking about the way you live your life, do you think it would be most fair to describe yourself as...
Good 63%
Neutral 30%
Evil 2%
C’mon, S’mon!

You’ve never been handed a questionnaire that you had no interest in and considered not taking your answers seriously- answering at random- or deciding to mess with the results intentionally?

Now imagine being chaotic evil, with that mindset as your default...

We also know evil people often don’t even think of themselves as evil. Many of the worst even see themselves in a heroic or messianic light.

( ;) )

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases