Dungeon Raiders: The Wolf's Den

Li Shenron

Legend
CON save 1d20+2 = 16

As he reaches for his weapon, his limbs begin to feel stiff and heavy - but Tock manages to shake off the Ghoul's paralysing attack, and his hands close around the haft of his halberd.

"Take this, foul beast!"

Attack roll 1d20+4, damage 1d10+3 = attack 10, damage 4[/URL]

[OOC: buffering an attack and damage roll vs the Ghoul attacking me; also using Protection style to defend myself against the same Ghoul]

Indeed Tock feels his body get stiff for a couple of seconds, but then the effect seems to wear off... but perhaps the moment of stiffness is enough to make it hard for him to swing his blow properly, and the ghoul easily manage to dodge the halberd.

[OoC: just to speed up things a little bit, let's resolve your turn without buffering]

[OOC: Damage for previous round before I decide what to do next: 1d8+2=9 (1H/B)]

[OoC: Noted. It's now your turn again [MENTION=16212]wedgeski[/MENTION]]

[OOC: Does Aeiyan know that the ghouls can paralyze? I'm guessing that would be an INT check, but I doubt Nature proficiency would help.
Adding INT bonus of 0: 1d20 -> [15] = (15)

Aeiyan recalls that Ghouls are often known in common folklore as humans who died unrepentant of truly cowardly and depraved acts, and because of this they are said to have been denied entrance to the afterlife, as not even hell wants to have their souls. This is but one legend about these undead, while other tales mention a curse or possibly even an infectious disease. What is well known to Aeiyan, is that ghouls eats the bodies of the dead (fresh or seasoned), and as such they are almost invariably found near a graveyard or a necropolis. They move and fight with unnatural speed and strength, and their bites and scratches (but not the mere touch) are so filthy that they easily deliver some sort of short-term paralyzing toxin.

Round 2 continuation:

Initiative:
20 - Rejik 10/10hp << we are here
18 - Tock 6/12hp (already acted this round)
12 - Aeiyan 7/11hp
12 - Sulannus 5/7hp
7 - Bartleby 9/10hp
6 - Ghouls (2), left one wounded, right one unscathed

wedgeski

Adventurer
Rejik steels himself against the stench as he slices rotting flesh from his attacker, fighting to keep his shield between the his own body and the ravenous flailing of nails and teeth snapping at the air around him.

[OOC: ROUND 2 attack roll at the ghoul attacking him: 1d20+3=10]

[OOC: Damage if that is by any miracle a hit: 1d8+2=6 (1H/B)]

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Astonished to have been grabbed and pulled, and yet also to be somehow free again, Aeiyan takes a step back away from the ghouls, being careful not to fall down the face of the rock wall again.

"Uh," he says, at a temporary loss for words.

Gathering his wits, he draws a light hammer and throws it hard against the ghoul that was hit previously.

ToHit: 1d20+4;1d4+3 -> [8,4] = (12)
Damage: 1d20+4;1d4+3 -> [4,3] = (7)
Link http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4486540/
BBCode 1d20+4=12, 1d4+3=7

Feeling somewhat inadequate in this situation, Aeiyan grabs the rope from his pack (that's not an action, right?). Holding the free end, he drops the coil down the face of the rock and says, "Shining One! Climb the rope, if you would. I'll hold this end." He braces himself against the expected pull from below.

[OOC: Am I trying to have Aeiyan do too much in one round? I think I recall that retrieving an item is not an action, but I could be misremembering. I also believe that talking and dropping things are free, but maybe I'm thinking of 4E.]

Li Shenron

Legend
Aeiyan lands a solid hit at the already weakened ghoul, but it still manages to dodge Rejik's and Bartleby's attacks.

Feeling somewhat inadequate in this situation, Aeiyan grabs the rope from his pack (that's not an action, right?). Holding the free end, he drops the coil down the face of the rock and says, "Shining One! Climb the rope, if you would. I'll hold this end." He braces himself against the expected pull from below.

[OOC: Am I trying to have Aeiyan do too much in one round? I think I recall that retrieving an item is not an action, but I could be misremembering. I also believe that talking and dropping things are free, but maybe I'm thinking of 4E.]

It might be a small stretch but I think it's a good idea and I allow you to do it! However, attacks against you are going to have advantage while you hold the rope i.e. until your next turn.

Talking and dropping things are definitely free, unless you go too far e.g. reciting a whole sonnet or undressing completely :)
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], Sulannus now has advantage on the Strength(Athletic) check to climb up using her move, and if she still fails, but by not more than 5, she can attempt again using her action as a second move. Remember to roll twice on each attempt because of advantage.

Round 2:

Initiative:
20 - Rejik 10/10hp
18 - Tock 6/12hp
12 - Aeiyan 7/11hp
12 - Sulannus 5/7hp << we are here
7 - Bartleby 9/10hp (already acted)
6 - Ghouls (2)[/QUOTE]

Shayuri

First Post
"Ugh!" Sulannus complains, but takes hold of the rope and gamely tries to haul herself up. Nothing doing. The rope is so grody that she doesn't want to hold it right, and it's of little use.

(So...rolled a 3 and a 5. I'll go back and check the DC again and see if that's horrible enough not to get another try with her action. Okay so...DC is not listed, so I can't tell. Let me know if she can try again with her action. Otherwise she'll just sit down there and wait. Wee.)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4487418/

Li Shenron

Legend
(So...rolled a 3 and a 5. I'll go back and check the DC again and see if that's horrible enough not to get another try with her action. Okay so...DC is not listed, so I can't tell. Let me know if she can try again with her action. Otherwise she'll just sit down there and wait. Wee.)

Oops... that was really low, sorry :p Maybe I should have lowered the DC instead of granting advantage, but an "easy" task would still have been DC 10.

Li Shenron

Legend
The badly wounded ghoul scuttles off and disappears into the maze of boulders [OoC: using disengage and move, no OA] while his pal turns its attention towards Bartleby, trying to claw through the Dwarf's armor, but in vain.

Should you decide to pursue the fugitive ghoul into the maze of boulders, you immediately notice that it's going to be hard for you to fight in such twisted tunnels. They are so narrow, that you'll probably need to crawl. That means Ranged weapons and bludgeoning melee weapons won't work; and melee slashing or piercing weapons that are neither light nor finesse will have disadvantage.

Round 3 begins:

Initiative:
20 - Rejik 10/10hp << we are here
18 - Tock 6/12hp
12 - Aeiyan 7/11hp
12 - Sulannus 5/7hp
7 - Bartleby 9/10hp
6 - Ghouls (2, one badly wounded)

wedgeski

Adventurer
Rejik swings his hammer at the retreating ghoul but the creature slips past, sloping from cover to cover. Wasting no time on a futile and dangerous pursuit, he lets momentum bring the weapon around towards the second ghoul, but it grazes the wall and flies wide of the mark. "Damn these close quarters!".

[OOC: ROUND 3 attack roll on the second ghoul: 1d20+3=10]

Last edited:

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
For a moment Tock considers pursuing the wounded Ghoul, but the tunnels ahead look cramped and ill suited to the use of a polearm, and he is still wary of the damage the creatures have already done to him.

He turns his attention to the other Ghoul and, making use of it's preoccupation with Bartleby, attempts a strike from behind.

Attack 1d20+4, damage 1d10+3 = attack 16, damage 7

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4493565/

[OOC: Tock will use Protection to impose disadvantage on the Ghoul's attack roll this turn]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases