D&D 5E Princes of the Apocalypse/Elemental Evil Player's Companion Errata

CapnZapp

Legend
Probably just to update the spells to Xanathar version.

Anyone reading the doc care to confirm?

I mean: "What? An errata update for an adventure several years old?" No, they probably haven't.

It probably just because some EEPC spells were updated by Xanathar.

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app

sim-h

Explorer
The errata is pretty bad anyway. It's like 'we rushed those bits and got a few things wrong, let's knock out some equally ill-thought out and unjustified errata rather than taking the time to correct things properly'.

pukunui

Legend
The errata is pretty bad anyway. It's like 'we rushed those bits and got a few things wrong, let's knock out some equally ill-thought out and unjustified errata rather than taking the time to correct things properly'.
Which bits are you talking about specifically?

FWIW: The errata to the spells just brings them into line with the revised versions that appear in Xanathar's.

sim-h

Explorer
My issues with it as soon as I read it the first time are outlined below.

The Tomb of Moving Stones layout changes. Still make no sense. If the sinkhole is in 'the middle of Red Larch' and we use the map as is, then the moving stones room is 300 feet east, way further than Waelvur's. Much better to have the moving stones chamber at the far north of the map (ie rotate the map 90 degrees) and flip the secret passage (Mellikhos) to head west and the other entry tunnel at the south end with the sinkhole (Waelvurs) east. The Waelvur's entrance can be discovered via Stannor Thistlehair, so if that leads directly to T9 as erratad, rather than T1, the suspense of that entire duingeon is lost.

The missing Knight's body. Like - WHY? and HOW? would have been nice. Renwick owns that vault, any cultists going down there would have been massacred. Unless he ordered the body from Hellenrae specifically as part of some deal. But that sarcophagus is meant to be for his brother? Not some random knight.

The missing bits in the Long Road side trek - that side trek is dull as dishwater, how about adding back in the bit that was clearly supposed to be in there, instead of ignoring it.

The Eternal Flame Warriors encounters need to be rebalanced - Eternal Flame Guardians are much higher challenge than the other cult minions, an encounter 2d6 of them plus a priest is possible in the Early Travels section. Really? Obviously a DM will fix that for his or her game but we buy printed adventures so as NOT to have to do that, surely?

To me, they got someone to quickly knock together an errata when a little more thought and revision would have made things much better! I still love this campaign. Much better than Tomb of Annhilation :p

Nailen

Explorer
The issue we had with Knights body is that the cultists got it into the crypt without disturbing the resident zombies..
There are other issues with SS monastery - who has the keys to the doors doesn't quite make sense. Jurth is mentioned as having a key to the gate to the steps down to the temple, yet not mentioned in his entry. I didn't give him that key, makes sense that only hellenrae would have it.
There are also issues with who is where at night...
Still living the module though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using EN World mobile app

Remove ads