Despicable Me's Minions are now officially 5e

neobolts

Explorer
Raise your outrage flags on high, friends! If you thought a Magic: The Gathering setting was the end of the world, prepare to be Feebleminded by the presence of a Minions stat block in Dragon+ issue 21. That's right, the babbling yellow blob-humanoids from "Despicable Me", "Despicable Me 2", "Despicable Me 3", and "Minions" are here! You've seen them shared by your aunt in lame Facebook memes about needing more coffee or "stressed" being "desserts" backwards. And now...five of them can be a hard encounter appropriate for four 3rd-level adventurers! You may be ready to dodge their slap & tickle, but are you prepared to roll vs fart!?

/s

This is just...odd. Of course it is not the end of the world. I'm not sure why this exists, but there's no going back. Is "Despicable Me" one of the unannounced settings for 2019?

The director of the upcoming "Minions 2" is a D&D player and did an interview in Dragon+ 21 as well.

The article: http://dnd.wizards.com/content/dragon.
The stat block: https://media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/d...21_minions.pdf

Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
This reminds me of the ol' Giants in the Earth column in Dragon Magazine in the 1e days, when they would stat up creatures from myth, legend, and fiction. I still remember fondly seeing the characters from Elfquest in Dragon and thinking, "YES!!"

gyor

Legend
Raise your outrage flags on high, friends! If you thought a Magic: The Gathering setting was the end of the world, prepare to be Feebleminded by the presence of a Minions stat block in Dragon+ issue 21. That's right, the babbling yellow blob-humanoids from "Despicable Me", "Despicable Me 2", "Despicable Me 3", and "Minions" are here! You've seen them shared by your aunt in lame Facebook memes about needing more coffee or "stressed" being "desserts" backwards. And now...five of them can be a hard encounter appropriate for four 3rd-level adventurers! You may be ready to dodge their slap & tickle, but are you prepared to roll vs fart!?

/s

This is just...odd. Of course it is not the end of the world. I'm not sure why this exists, but there's no going back. Is "Despicable Me" one of the unannounced settings for 2019?

Where you hear this?

Oofta

Legend
It could be worse.

duckbunny.jpg

gyor

Legend
I found this interesting it's from the heads up for what is coming in issue 22 "On top of that we'll be shifting planes and touching down in the world of Ravnica as Dungeons & Dragons mashes up with Magic: The Gathering. New sourcebook The Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica fully realizes that plane, the structure of its society and the region's unusual spiritual qualities so that Dungeon Masters can bring it to life for their players.

Continuing the link-up between games, we'll also discover how you can plunder your Magic card collection to use them as D&D items!"

Dausuul

Legend
Dragon is doing some cross-branding with prominent D&D players, and having a bit of fun in the process.

I wouldn't read anything more into it than that.

Remove ads