D&D 5E [GUIDE] Power Overwhelming: A Sorcerer Guide

Ekael

First Post
Hello, I love this guide and you have helped me select spells and a good path for the character I am building. I did noticed that the Grave Domain was not covered. What are your thoughts on that? Would it be on par with Death? Also, do you have any other guides of this nature for other classes? Just getting back into D&D and I am going to be in a group with all new players so I am sure they would appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

FullCaster

First Post
Hello, I love this guide and you have helped me select spells and a good path for the character I am building. I did noticed that the Grave Domain was not covered. What are your thoughts on that? Would it be on par with Death? Also, do you have any other guides of this nature for other classes? Just getting back into D&D and I am going to be in a group with all new players so I am sure they would appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

This guide hasn't been updated and it probably won't get updated.

Finglas

Explorer
If you click on the Google Docs link, it seems pretty up to date, with Xanathar’s included. I would do that - actually I did that! It shows up much better on my phone that way and has all the subclasses covered.

FullCaster

First Post
If you click on the Google Docs link, it seems pretty up to date, with Xanathar’s included. I would do that - actually I did that! It shows up much better on my phone that way and has all the subclasses covered.

Wow I never noticed the Google Docs link. Thank you for pointing it out.

David Carter

First Post
Distant Spell:Remember that one time you really needed to shoot 300 feet, and the longest range spell you had was 150 ft, and the party got TPK’d because of it? Yeah… me neither... Can be ok for reaching runners, picking off enemy “snipers” or setting up funky ambushes, but I can’t think of a time in the last 15 years when my party fought stuff that far away and we NEEDED a sniper character to win. Reach with touch spells would be awesome if we had more than shocking grasp (Vampiric would be decent with this if you can get it on your list). Otherwise there are far too many better choices to pick this.

How about Counter Spell ... being able to counter with reaction at range 120 instead of 60 happens to me all the time ...

ShyFyre

First Post
Thank you for this post I was thinking of playing a sorcerer my next run! and this will be very handy on what I may want to grab on my spell sheet

Cinderwolf

First Post
"Chosen of the Gods"- what the heck is it?

When discussing sorcerous origins, OP mentions Chosen by the Gods and has it highlighted in gold, meaning its excellent. He goes on to talk about giving sorcerers extra spells with it... but I can't seem to find a thing about it anywhere!
He has it under the Unearthed Arcana list.. which UA can I find this in??

FullCaster

First Post
When discussing sorcerous origins, OP mentions Chosen by the Gods and has it highlighted in gold, meaning its excellent. He goes on to talk about giving sorcerers extra spells with it... but I can't seem to find a thing about it anywhere!
He has it under the Unearthed Arcana list.. which UA can I find this in??

Type in "modifying classes 5e" in google. Then click the first link and scroll to the bottom.

Remove ads