TUW: The Outpost

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Adi stands for a moment, mouth wide in amazement. After Maka finishes, Adi says, "Where Da?," hoping that an image of his Father appears on a wall.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Taylar nods his head and softly declares, "I'm not manipulating Way right now." He changes that and utilizes Way to search for the proper energy in order to connect with the wall panels. When Taylar feels he has a good connection, he smiles as he says, "Show me the closest guardian."

Waynan

Adventurer
Raven Elk is enthralled by all of it for a few moments, then he strikes upon the idea of wondering where their future lies and uses Way to see what there is to see: North, East, West or South (NEWS). He whispers to the walls: "What news of or for us."

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 261: Further Experimentation

Adi stands for a moment, mouth wide in amazement. After Maka finishes, Adi says, "Where Da?," hoping that an image of his Father appears on a wall.
GM: The image of the ocean that was upon the forward wall is replaced with the identical image that is still viewable upon the right wall. A pattern of illumination chases across the design on the floor.

Having watched all the preceding images, Vittero offers, "The images must be certain fixed locations, something designed from both ends by the Yahdram, long ago. I doubt that it is our words that are triggering the changes. Our words will be different than those of the Yahdram. Our words are the projection of our thoughts, and our thoughts are tied to our talent to manipulate Way lines.

I think this image that we are currently seeing on two walls must be of a location near Outpost
."
[sblock=Inventory]
OOC: Current Inventory:
Coins:
  • francs: 121
Animal Parts:
  • Beetle Carapaces: 31
  • Large Beetle Carapaces: 11
  • Fisher Hides: 30% cover
  • Dove Feathers: 10 sets: {Health +1}
  • Rock Pigeon Feathers: 3 sets: {Health +1}
  • Boar Tusk: 2 pair: {Confluence +1}
  • Running Bird Tail Feathers: 6 sets: {Confluence +1}
  • Mourning Bird Tail Feathers: 1 set: {Persona +2}(-Persona x2)
Minerals:
  • Slate: 64: {Thump x2}
  • Flint: 10 {Heat x2}
  • Bloodstone: 1: {Confluence +1}
  • Sunstone: 8: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Heartstone: 5: {Confluence +1}
  • Lodestone: 2 {shock x2}
Ores:
  • Zinc Ingots: 19: {Health +1, Mend x2}
  • Tin Ingot: 13: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Lead Ingot: 13: {Rend x2}
  • Iron Ingot: 20 {Confluence +1, Mend x2}
  • Chromium Ingot: 1: {Strength +1}
  • Calcium Ingot: 1: {Cohesion +1, Restore x2}
Plants:
  • Toxic Leaves: 1 measure {Muddle x2}
Unknown Items:
  • Angry Spirit Dust:
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Vittero: full health
harnin arrows: 24 (23)
Taylar: full health
Maka: full health
harnin arrows: 26 (25)
Raven Elk: full health
Adisakti: full health
[/sblock]
[sblock=Party Discovers]Slate Boulder: 76 stones worth, East Pass
Tin Vein: 43 stones worth, East Pass
Zinc Vein: 61 ingots worth, 7 days north East Pass
Keep of the Rising Sun[/sblock]

MacConnell

Day 261: Pushing the Envelope

Taylar nods his head and softly declares, "I'm not manipulating Way right now." He changes that and utilizes Way to search for the proper energy in order to connect with the wall panels. When Taylar feels he has a good connection, he smiles as he says, "Show me the closest guardian."
GM: The entire room is a nodal point for an extremely complicated coalition of all five types of Way lines, the most significant being that of Mystic Way. At Taylar's mention of "guardian" the image on the right wall, which was identical to the front wall changes. It is replaced with the image of a sickly hued, red, barren, landscape with jagged rocks of black. The sky is a very awful shade of pink. In the center of the image is the figure of an alabaster white man in black armor speaking with another, thinner, man with azure blue skin and cloud white, wispy hair and pure white clothing. Both men are walking away from the center of the point of view. The blue skinned male turns back, as if looking directly through the image. He shakes his head and the image vanishes, leaving the wall plain stone.

Vittero involuntarily takes a step backward, cracking his knuckles. "That was disturbing."
Raven Elk is enthralled by all of it for a few moments, then he strikes upon the idea of wondering where their future lies and uses Way to see what there is to see: North, East, West or South (NEWS). He whispers to the walls: "What news of or for us."
GM: Raven Elk is certain of his deliberate push of his thoughts, but nothing happens. The two remaining images do not change, and the blank wall generates no new image.

Composing himself, Vittero offers. "I do not think these have anything to do with time, at all. I think they are simply locations We determined that the symbols outside on the porches of each facade allow for travel by thought, even though we do not really understand them. I think that the Yahdram excelled at this sort of thing and what we are seeing is location that can be reached by correctly following the pattern on the floor."
[sblock=Inventory]
Coins:
Animal Parts:
Minerals:
Ores:
Plants:
Unknown Items:
  • Angry Spirit Dust:
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 261: Aligning the Images

Maka approaches one of the images that Vittero said might be near The Outpost. Testing a theory, he reaches out to touch the wall...
GM: Maka steps up to the image on the forward wall and places his right hand upon the image. To his utter disappointment, nothing happens. He feels the solid stone. Reflexively he pushes on the wall, exhaling in a sigh.

While Maka is leaning against the forward wall, Vittero says, "I have an idea. West."
GM: An image identical to the forward wall returns to the previously blank right wall. A pattern of illumination chases across the pattern on the floor.

Vittero follows the pattern up to the right wall but does not touch it. Maka switches hands to touch the forward wall with his left, reflexively still wanting to maintain contact with the forward wall, as he turns to watch Vittero.

"Outpost."

GM: The image upon the left wall is replaced with an identical image of the other two walls. Maka, who is still leaning against the wall with his left hand, falls through the wall.

Vittero follows the pattern across the floor toward the left wall.

GM: When Vittero reaches the edge of the floor design, he disappears from the room. He appears in all three images standing next to Maka, who is dusting himself off from having fallen.

[sblock=Inventory]
Coins:
Animal Parts:
Minerals:
Ores:
Plants:
Unknown Items:
  • Angry Spirit Dust:
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Maka looks around in disbelief, noticing that he and Vittero are no longer in the room, but rather, in the open air, under a blue sky, upon a familiar stretch of land.

Maka examines his surroundings closely, to make sure that he is not having a vision.

Maka asks Vittero, "How did you manage to do that, my brother?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Taylar stares in astonishment and waves his hand at the image of Vittero and Maka to see if they respond. He looks at the other two still in the room with him and says, "Can they get back through there or do we have to follow them?"

Waynan

Adventurer
"My good friend, "Raven Elk answers Taylar, "I couldn't say for certain; however, it would seem we have an easy way home after we are done here."

Remove ads