D&D 5E JC Tweets: How Close to official rulings do you consider them to be?

JC Tweets: How Close to official rulings do you consider them to be?

• His tweets about rules are the next closest thing to official we have in absence of sage advice.

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • They are between nearly official and meaningless unless they match or contradict sage advice.

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • They are no closer to official than something a bum of the street could say.

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Other - Please Explain

Votes: 9 12.5%

Satyrn

First Post
Other.

"official rulings" is the kind of phrase that should be expunged from our vocabulary. The only ruling that matters to my game is my table's.

GlassJaw

Hero
I consider them to be guidelines. Too many inconsistencies between Sage Advice and his tweets to be taken as gospel.

I'm usually a stickler for the "official" rulings but 5E works just fine if you completely ignore them.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
I consider them to be a perspective to look at. My rulings take precedence at my table, and I'm free to ignore Jeremy's perspective.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I consider them to be a perspective to look at. My rulings take precedence at my table, and I'm free to ignore Jeremy's perspective.

The poll isn't about whether you use his rulings. You can use whatever ruling you want and still consider his rulings official. Or you could even use his ruling and consider it unofficial.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Other.

"official rulings" is the kind of phrase that should be expunged from our vocabulary. The only ruling that matters to my game is my table's.

Maybe, but sage advice used the term "official ruling"

An official ruling may not directly impact your game though it may indirectly do so as it also tends to become more likely to be the rule at whatever gaming table you play at.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases