D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Timtumm

Explorer
Agreed. For those reasons I would never pay a dime to D&DB. It does make it harder with every new splatbook that comes out, and new character options that I can't use with ForgedAnvil. I may have to drop 5e, and convince my group to go elsewhere. But where?

Last edited:

Conandar

Explorer
I can only surmise that the C&D order says that the recipient can have no further part in this generator or they face prosecution, so they are prevented from even telling us what is going on. What else could be the reason? I can not believe that FA or the team would willingly cut off all communication without a good reason.

Conandar

Explorer
@calcu10n I did the same thing, checking a supported subclass vs the custom page subclass, and saw the same results. I think it is either something FA never put in for custom subclasses, or it is a bug in the beta. Either way, the only way I can think of to add that information is to use the Start pages Additional Details (below the Character Details box) and manually type it in. Information in the Additional Details box will be added to the end of the Character Details.

Last edited:

Conandar

Explorer
I don't think the Warforged from "Wayfinders Guide to Eberron" can be done by custom. Those things needs some serious formula to work the armor.

I do not have WGtE, yet, but I did use the UA version of the Warforged and came up with what appears to work. They are essentially 3 seperate races (Envoy, Skirmisher, Juggernaut) and each has 3 armor states (Darkwood Core, Medium Plating, Heavy Plating). I used three seperate copies of the generator and used all three custom races for each "race" to change the base AC based on the armor type being used. The way the generator uses armor, there would have to be some overrides on the Armor area of the Start page to account for the built-in armor, but it still is possible. (I could have used just one copy of the generator to account for all three races and rely on overrides on the Start page to change armor states - probably better than what I did, actually.)

Conandar

Explorer
As far as the named variables are concerned, there are a LOT of them (hundreds, maybe even thousands), and not all are immediately clearly understandable. I do wish FA had documented them, but he didn't, or at least nothing that he published that I know about. From what I can tell, pretty much anything you see on the CS pages and the Spellcasting page is using them.

calcu10n

First Post
@calcu10n I did the same thing, checking a supported subclass vs the custom page subclass, and saw the same results. I think it is either something FA never put in for custom subclasses, or it is a bug in the beta. Either way, the only way I can think of to add that information is to use the Start pages Additional Details (below the Character Details box) and manually type it in. Information in the Additional Details box will be added to the end of the Character Details.

Yeah it seems to be a bug in the beta, because it works in version 2.27 also for custom classes.
Anyway, thanks again for your help!

Conandar

Explorer
We know ENWorld received a C&D order, and we are guessing that FA and some/all of the team did as well, and that the C&D order or other legal action is preventing any further contact. Because ENWorld had to stop hosting the generator file, another method was found (and as far as I know the latest beta is still available there).

I do not host the generator or have anything to do with the site that does, I merely try to help folks use the tool that they have already or somehow obtain. I use the generator because it does something for me that the P&P and D&DB versions do not do - provide a computerized character sheet that a person with one usable hand can use in a location that does not offer public internet access.

Conandar

Explorer
I do not dispute that WotC has every right to protect what is legally theirs. I do think that the method they have chosen is bad for the players, and thereby bad for business. This is just my opinion, and you are free to agree or disagree with that opinion.

Remove ads