Dragon Talk: Margaret Weis

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, Nathan Stewart likes to troll fans with cryptic mentions of settings. I'll wait for something more concrete.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yeah, Nathan Stewart likes to troll fans with cryptic mentions of settings. I'll wait for something more concrete.

I said I wouldn't be surprised, not that it is for sure: though Margaret Weis was in WotC for consulting work late last year, per social media, which was suggestive.

The Glen

Legend
It's the 35th anniversary of Dragonlance, it would be a shame if they didn't give us something in honor of the setting that really broke D&D into the mainstream.

Maybe WotC is really planning something to celebrate the 35 years of Dragonlance, and my wild guess is a storyline with Lord Soth starring as the main antagonist.

It was all animated except for the draconians, who were all CGI.

And boy did they look out of place.

That was, by far, the least of its sins.

It was awful. I mean screamingly, egregiously bad. If the world's biggest Dragonlance fan told me they could see it for free, and just wanted to do so for the sake of curiosity, I would still recommend avoiding it.

Or let me put it another way.

The Courtney Solomon-directed D&D movie with Justin Whalin, Marlon Wayans, and Jeremy Irons is an order of magnitude better than the animated Dragonlance movie was.

I know the cartoon movie was a failure, but I liked the 80's style. Maybe a new try could work, as serie in Netflix or another streamer channel. Hasbro would love to sell toys about this famous franchise. But I worry about a cartoon or action-live adaptation could causes an accidental retcon of the story, at least with some details. Or we could try with another title from the same world, for example a prequel as the legend of Huma.

We can't forget the videogame as option for an adaptation.

Lord Sorth as villain? He is dead. He came back from the demiplane of horror, and in the war of souls.... let's say he is now in the other neighbour searching his elf maid and son.

Isn't it the fifth age like a "jump the shark" effect? Too radical change.

The Krynn uchronies or alternative timelines are canon, aren't they? The time spheres from 2n AD&D Chronomancers could be a great opportunity to create new and different stories.

akr71

Hero
Or let me put it another way.

The Courtney Solomon-directed D&D movie with Justin Whalin, Marlon Wayans, and Jeremy Irons is an order of magnitude better than the animated Dragonlance movie was.

The sad thing is that statement is complete truth. The DL animated "movie" is horrendously bad.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases