[OOC] Return of the Runelords

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Maybe that's the hook. Teea should inherit the farm, but a well-to-do trader with crime connections uses some sort of legal loophole to also make a claim. Teea wants revenge, but is not sure how to go about it. Then she remembers stories about her Uncle Michael and there is some rumors that he's good with a sword and fought against some of the criminal trade in his youth.

But Michael is caring, but quite washed up. However, Teea sees some hints that he could have been something more if life had taken a different turn for him. Instead of a one-way relationship, they both find ways to bring out something more in the other.

G

Guest 11456

[MENTION=11456]Tailspinner[/MENTION]: Teea is ready for review! Here

First Pass:

Alignment?
Age?

Weapons
Utility knife [dagger?]
Armor [leather?]

Quick Clear: (1 grit = Free action) [not free action but move equivalent action unless I am missing something]

Traits
Passionate Inertia [source?]

Equipment
10 Paper cartridge, her first batch (120gp, -)
If you crafted these they cost 1/2 or 60gp for 10

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Changed Teea's background a bit, to make it more dramatic :)

• Teea is born, child of a harsh winter
  • Two years shy of maturity, during a great rain, Teea gets bored and decides to go exploring. She finds the family’s ancestral cache, half-buried under the house (the ground has shifted for some reason). The cache includes strips of moldy lamellar armor, rotten bolts of silk, ripped and faded scrolls (with secret family histories and –drum roll - the Secret to Dragonpowder!tm), battered oil lamps, mud-filled barrels, and a few broken firearms! (a single one of which only she can (eventually) make work)
  • As she's down there, the ground rumbles and the hill slides; the lives of father, mother, brother and two sister are swept away, along with most of the house; buried in Audrahni’s cemetery (although little James' body was never found); Teea regularly goes to offer little tokens and burn offerings

Maybe that's the hook. Teea should inherit the farm, but a well-to-do trader with crime connections uses some sort of legal loophole to also make a claim. Teea wants revenge, but is not sure how to go about it. Then she remembers stories about her Uncle Michael and there is some rumors that he's good with a sword and fought against some of the criminal trade in his youth.
How about making aunt Mihr the "well-to-do trader" (I mention her 4 posts up)? Keep it in the family :)

It could go something like:
  • Meanwhile Aunt Mirh, who never approved of her brother's wedding ("Too foreign-looking!"), now wants to take care of her, and Teea's inheritance just possibly might have something to do with it (the best farmland in the Cove, not "those foreign contraptions!")
  • Teea shows up with all her kit at uncle Michael's stool in Creekside Tavern, with a stubborn expression on her face...
  • Now. One year shy of maturity.

What do you think?

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Well all, We have an employee computer that works well and guess where it is??? right behind my work station! that means I can work on my character when I am on break! which is about over (Blah :p )

G

Guest 11456

Equipment
Small holy symbols of Erastil (bow + sheaf of wheat) and Shizuru (golden dragon) hanging from a red chord at her waist [Are these meant to be like charms or trinkets or real holy symbols just smaller?]
4 dose of dragon powder [Is this black powder?]

Binder Fred

Yay for Scott!

Re Tailspinner: I figure 'dragon powder' is the name Tchell used to call gun powder in her ancient scrolls of wisdom (and probably the word used for it in Tian)?

For the other bit, not sure what the difference is between a charm and a holy symbol, exactly? They're amulets passed down from her mother, holders of good luck and channels of protection from the gods. They've likely been blessed numerous times during their existence, so they are...?

G

Guest 11456

For the other bit, not sure what the difference is between a charm and a holy symbol, exactly? They're amulets passed down from her mother, holders of good luck and channels of protection from the gods. They've likely been blessed numerous times during their existence, so they are...?

The price that you have assigned to it is what confused me. A wooden holy symbol is 1 gp. A iron holy symbol is 5 gp. A silver holy symbol is 25 gp. You show 20 gp for two, so what material are these two made from?

Binder Fred

I'm now imagining Erastil's as being cut out of a flattened piece of iron (likely from an old plow?) and pure, golden tin for Shizuru, with the dragon's eyes made out of tiny flecks of jade?

So basically a "iron holy-symbol" base for both of them with the extra 10gp coming from materials and artistry?

G

Guest 11456

Equipment
Small holy symbols of Erastil and Shizuru hanging from a red chord at her waist (20gp, 0#)
Short utility knife on left hip (2gp, 1#)
Basket (4sp, 1#)
10 Paper cartridge (60gp, -)
leather armor (10gp, 15#)
musket (0gp, 9#)
Belt pouch (1gp, 0.5#
short sword (10gp, 2#)
Belt pouch (1gp, 0.5#)
Gunsmithing kit (15gp, 2#)
Powder horn (3gp, 1#)
4 dose of dragon powder (4gp, 0#)
Cash (173gp, 6sp)
Total (300gp, 32#)