Today's The Last Day Of Voting For The Most Anticipated Tabletop RPGs Of 2019!

Mercador

Adventurer
After a bit more research, it doesn't look like Cyberpunk 2077 is actually a thing. While "most anticipated" isn't a guarantee (as TrippyHippy said), it still has to be an actual game in development, and this is more a "we might make one, but no news yet". I'll probably remove it from the poll for that reason.
Thanks for the clarification. I remember that there was rumors about that but nothing really serious. I guess they'll see if Witcher3 RPG book will sell or not.

I would like a new Cyberpunk book (moreover that I lost my 2020 book around 20 years ago), I can't stand magic in scifi setting (à la Shadowrun).

Jhaelen

First Post
With over $500,000 raised on Kickstarter, the Savage Worlds Adventure Edition is almost a sure win, closely followed by either Monte Cook's Cypher System 2nd Edition or Paizo's Pathfinder 2nd Edition

I am starting to wonder if voting is even required to crown the most anticipated RPG?
Wanna take a bet? I doubt Savage Worlds will make first place.

There's definitely several contenders. E.g. "Things from the Flood" raised 4,249,903 SEK, that's almost $500k, too. (It also happens to be the one I'm most looking forward to! Its predecessor "Tales from the Loop" was awesome.)

hawkeyefan

Legend
Some very nice variety in that list. It’s a good time for gaming!

I’m looking forward to Spectaculars and Things From The Flood the most. Spectaculars seems like a nice take on superheroes and has some awesome design elements. Tales From The Loop is a great game, and I’m interested in seeing the next step in Flood.

Demon City should be a compelling horror game. The glimpses of it that I’ve seen have certainly been interesting.

I’m also interested in Dune. Not so much because I want to play it, but just to see how they apply game mechanics to the story elements.

Madmaxneo

Explorer
The game that I am most anticipating is Cortex Prime.

This game system did cool innovative stuff in the past, such as Marvel Heroic. And I cant wait to see how they update and consolidate everything.
I have the Cortex system and the Hacker's guide. I had no idea they were coming out with Cortex Prime. It's to bad it is not on the vote list above cause I would have voted for that.

Yaarel

He Mage
I have the Cortex system and the Hacker's guide. I had no idea they were coming out with Cortex Prime. It's to bad it is not on the vote list above cause I would have voted for that.

One of the people involved with the Cortex Prime project sometimes appears here in ENWorld, @Cam Banks.

What makes Cortext such an appealing gaming system, is the system itself is easy to finetune. For example, in the D&D system a DM is pretty much stuck with the core Str-Dex-Con-Int-Wis-Cha abilities, whether they are balanced or useful or not, or even whether they make sense or not. But in the Cortext system it is simple to switch these out, and use abilities that are more conducive to the needs of the setting and the character.

The Cortext system has done groundbreaking, pioneering work, in designing mechanics for social relationships, to the point that superheroes and nonsuperheroes (such as Superman and Lois Lane) become equally viable characters to play.

Jacqual

Explorer
It's "probably" coming out next year, while R.Talisoran games did make The Witcher RPG this year, based on the video game, which is part of the business relationship they have currently. There is no reason to assume that they wouldn't want to put out a new Cyberpunk rpg too.

Do we know it will be released next year for sure? No. However, this poll isn't about guarantees, its a speculative poll about how anticipated these games are.
The team at R.Tal have stated that there will be a Cyberpunk: Red released.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases