Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4E Launches At UK Games Expo In June!

Very cool! Morrus can you send someone to get one?!

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
The last info I see in the C7 forums is that they are doing a separate Starter Set from the Core Rules, so what is shown here may just be the Starter Set.

Read this thread for whatever extra bits have been teased:

http://forums.cubicle7.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9962

it was confirmed through back channel discussions that Cubicle 7 delayed Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Fourth edition due to the release of Zweihänder Grim & Perilous RPG. The direct quote was that the version they had prepared for release was “...viewed with embarrassment” when compared to Zweihänder’s comprehensiveness. Cubicle 7 then went back to the drawing board to refine WFRP 4e, and pulled in Graeme Davis to give it some much-needed star power.

That being said, I will be first in line to pick up the Starter Set! I couldn’t be more excited for Cubicle 7.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
it was confirmed through back channel discussions that Cubicle 7 delayed Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Fourth edition due to the release of Zweihänder Grim & Perilous RPG. The direct quote was that the version they had prepared for release was “...viewed with embarrassment” when compared to Zweihänder’s comprehensiveness. Cubicle 7 then went back to the drawing board to refine WFRP 4e, and pulled in Graeme Davis to give it some much-needed star power.

That being said, I will be first in line to pick up the Starter Set! I couldn’t be more excited for Cubicle 7.

Hmmm... I looked at Zweihander's and... while there were some intriguing, and quite valid ideas in there, overall... I didn't like it. So let's hope that they take the good parts and not the not so good ones...

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Really? I do not see any links. All I see is the embedded video and a jpg link.

Oh, you said leak, not link. I was looking for something that would go to the info before I posted mine. :)

Jebus... I *wanted* to say where I got the information from, and yet it seems I never actually did. Very sorry about that :(

CapnZapp

Legend

Either give a source or stop disseminating FUD. I'm sick and tired of proponents of that heartbreaker game trying to wedge into my WFRP goodness. It's creator had to be formally warned before he quit inserting his game into every WFRP discussion over at rpg.net. They even tried to inject links into Warhammer's Wikipedia page for chrisakes.

I don't recall Cubicle 7 ever mentioning your RPG. Ever. You on the other hand seem to try to link Warhammer to your RPG. All the time. I view your "direct quote" with real skepticism. If your RPG is so great why didn't Cubicle 7 hire you instead of Graeme Davis? Oh right, because he is a designer for Warhammer. https://www.tabletopgaming.co.uk/board-games/news/warhammer-fantasy-roleplays-fourth-edition-release-date-delayed-into

Graeme Davis is in to work on the Enemy Within. He did contribute some to the core rulebook.https://graemedavis.wordpress.com/tag/wfrp/

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
I cannot release the names of my sources. I can tell you that these two sources are internally and directly connected to both GW and Cubicle 7.

That being said, I’ll still be first in line to preorder WFRP4e. Because at the end of the day, I am a Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay fan first and foremost, and a writer of Zweihänder Grim & Perilous RPG second.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pandatheist

Villager
Either give a source or stop disseminating FUD. I'm sick and tired of proponents of that heartbreaker game trying to wedge into my WFRP goodness. It's creator had to be formally warned before he quit inserting his game into every WFRP discussion over at rpg.net. They even tried to inject links into Warhammer's Wikipedia page for chrisakes.

Moniker is the creator of Zweihander. And while I probably like that game more than you it significantly lowers my opinion of the whole project when the creator jumps on random threads trying to promote it by throwing shade at the competition.

It especially rings false given Cubicle 7 has a stellar reputation for adapting other peoples material. TOR and AiME were both well considered in production and rules, and I can only imagine how bad it would be for them as a company if they sunk a massive release like WFRP. I have an incredibly hard time believing that they would just phone in a project this large.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads