GAME OF THRONES SEASON 8--Final Run-- Part 5

Zardnaar

Legend
You know the range for ballistae in a fictional world, huh? And how likely it would be for one to hit a moving target? And who says the ships are slow moving?

I get it if it didn’t work for you. I wasn’t crazy about how the scene where Rhaegon was killed either. But not because it was implausible....more that it was poorly presented.

AA fire in WW2 with exploding shells wasn't that effective and relied on lots of flak.

Shooting a Dragon down in the air at hundreds of metres range is fairly implausible, and shots at that range with military rifles is difficult for the average soldier through to WW2 (it's why the Germans invented the MP44).

Zardnaar

Legend
Let me ask you....is it more implausible than the dragon?

Dragons make sense in the context of their world.

Dragons aren't invincible, see season 6 iirc but it's jarring to see one shot down and then in the next episode they can't hit one to literally save their lives.

More of a pacing issue, problem they have had since season 7.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Read that sentence again slowly and realise you are discussing DRAGONS

That's not even relevant. When you have a fantasy show, the additional fantasy elements like dragons and magic are accepted as making sense for the genre. The same cannot be said for mundane items that correspond to the real world. Just because a show has dragons, does not mean that someone is going to just accept that a normal arrow fired from a normal bow can make several right turns in the air on the way to the target.

Your argument is specious at best.

hawkeyefan

Legend
Dragons make sense in the context of their world.

Dragons aren't invincible, see season 6 iirc but it's jarring to see one shot down and then in the next episode they can't hit one to literally save their lives.

More of a pacing issue, problem they have had since season 7.

Sure dragons make sense in the fictional context. And so would weapons designed to combat dragons.

Especially when those weapons are designed by a mad scientist capable of creating flesh golems and with the full resources of the crown in a world where extraordinary materials exist.

Zardnaar

Legend
Sure dragons make sense in the fictional context. And so would weapons designed to combat dragons.

Especially when those weapons are designed by a mad scientist capable of creating flesh golems and with the full resources of the crown in a world where extraordinary materials exist.

As I said it was the execution of everything. Personally I would have had Dany steamroll Cersei a the end of season 7, and have season 8 focus on the Night King who over runs the North and makes it to Kings Landing.

Sadras

Legend
The Night King isn’t really a character, tho. Why expect additional development or point-of-view from him at this late stage? The Night King is a supernatural foil for the human evil in the series.

edit: he’s also anthropomorphized climate change!

That is on me, I should have maybe included an emoji in my tongue-and-cheek post.

Sadras

Legend
Read that sentence again slowly and realise you are discussing DRAGONS

I do not understand this line of argument which gets repeated in this and other threads.
Just because a supernatural creature exists in the story doesn't mean the rest of reality/believability within the show needs to become unhinged.

Sadras

Legend
I love the end of this series. It gives what people want (murder as justice) and yet they are not satisfied. Dany has been torturing, burning and crucifying people for years. And fans have been cheering on. Desiring those murders. Cause they didn't have a problem with murder as justice. People cheer for dictators, murderous or not, all the time. Like in Batman: The Dark Knight. They cheer for a vigilante who builds a surveillance state.

The series still suck because it was rushed, and this is why people will take no lesson from Dany's murderous rage (it is what dictators do, so stop cheering for them). But there is a lesson here. Murderous is not the solution. Stop asking and cheering for it.

If Batman actually ended the Joker the 2nd, 3rd, xth time he caught him, one might see a significant decrease in victims every time the super-villain escapes from the asylum. Not buying this 'let live' crap.

I'm pretty sure everyone was satisfied with the killing of Ramsay and Joffrey.

Remove ads