Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nerath Wall/Long Return
Morning
Round 0

Morgrym stirred from his morning meditation as Arvana rushed in to rouse them.

“Damn that man!” the dwarf muttered. “Noo wot does ‘e want?” He felt the cursed blade hanging inside his shirt against his chest as he donned his armor and picked up his axe and shield. “Sae wot’s the plan? We leavin’ town wi’ the oozes?” He shuddered a bit. But he’d prepared a spell that should alleviate their hunger for the day.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 59/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Goodberry, Produce Flame [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Communal Endure Elements, Ironskin, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Shayuri shook her head disgustedly.

"How many men? I've half a mind to say we should just leave right through them. I'm getting sick and tired of things and people getting in our way. We have a purpose here. We've been chasing our tails, letting little men with small minds push us this way and that."

"Our destinies are bigger than that. Perhaps a show of force will remind them exactly who they're dealing with."

"We can take them however many there are. Especially if we can group them. While I'm not averse to such show, we cannot take Dram I think. Thus, provoking him shouldn't be our first thought. But if Marius can get to oozes unnoticed, we can have Dram tske notice of main mass and we can travel with smaller ones in bodies of the guards. And test if druid spell can feed them. We can start sneaking out and Marius can catch up once the ooze comes out." Hagadarks quick mind quickly overrules orc tendency to fight first and finds what he hopes is the solution to their troubles.

Ooc: did we manage to rest? Recover our daily resources?

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nerath Wall/Long Return
Morning
Round 0

Morgrym looked to Shayuri after her outburst. “Aye, an’ put tha’ destiny t’ a quick end, if we dae tha’,” he told the sorceress. “We’ll fight if needed,” with that, he clutched his battleaxe, “but let’s try an’ avoid it if we can, lest Dram end up with the dagger ‘cause we were foolish in our pride. Our ultimate destiny is still death. Le’s no’ invite it any sooner’n necessary.”

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 59/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Goodberry, Produce Flame [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Communal Endure Elements, Ironskin, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"But if Marius can get to oozes unnoticed, we can have Dram tske notice of main mass and we can travel with smaller ones in bodies of the guards. And test if druid spell can feed them. We can start sneaking out and Marius can catch up once the ooze comes out." Hagadarks quick mind quickly overrules orc tendency to fight first and finds what he hopes is the solution to their troubles.

"If I can? With dawn lights still hugging the horizont, you wouldn't see me. No human will, don't worry. But I cannot say anything for those I am fetching. If we don't have to, we should avoid the fight. We already agreed not to give Dram the dagger to use, we can find other sources of information. Somehow. Go to the valley border and wait for me, I'll catch up. Hopefully before you get to there. If any of you have means to communicate from afar, I would appreciate it."

Marius goes out toward the ooze house.

Once there, he calls softly to the humanoid oozes.
"We need to go. As fast and as silently as you can manage. There are guards here from the resident lord. If you can contain your hunger for short while yet, we need to reach my group."

[sblock=Actions]
Double move: [roll0] - add two if darkness affects the opponents (i.e. they are humans without special senses)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

How many men?

"A dozen or so... Well-armed. And, Hagadark, you should be ready to face some of your own." - Arvana says in an apologetic tone.
"They should be here soon, but time might suffice so we make preparations. I could scout for another way out of the caves as well..." - she suggests. "I find it hard to believe that dwarves would build such a place without any secret paths outside"

[
Ooc: did we manage to rest? Recover our daily resources?
Yes, you've taken time for a full rest, recovering all resources and healing accordingly!]

MARIUS

Following the group's decision, the monk goes after the oozes. He finds the three remaining ooze zombies still there, resting in strange positions, scattered through the floor. They rise as he approaches, they movement less uncertain. They listen to the monk's request. "Where to?", is the only question Marius hears, their hunger clearly taking the best of them and compelling them to cooperate.

@Neurotic @Shayuri @MetaVoid @KahlessNestor

[So, I return slowly, but surely... I am typing this after several days wiith minimal access to a computer. Sorry again, guys, but things got messy. From now on I'll post normally. Next, I'll do Amberstar and Laholt - maps first, and then the posts. So if I take another day, please consider that I'm messing around with the maps! Thanks for the patience, and let's play!]

Neurotic

"We need to avoid other humans. So be quick and silent as you can. Our druid friend prepared something to hopefully ease your hunger. Follow and don't attack unless you're attacked. Those are humans from powerful mage patron and he can and would find The Mass and exterminate all of you." with that ominous threat Marius slips into the shadows again being careful that ooze creatures can keep up. He goes out wide to better avoid the guards with clumsy humanoids.

Shayuri

First Post
"Fine," Shayuri said to the dwarf. "None of this is my interest anyway. It's interesting in its own way, but doesn't seem connected to the Tideruler."

Archon Basileus

First Post
[As mentioned in Laholt's thread, I've been out on a long month of work, but I'm back now! Sorry for the absence! Let's get this game on our proper schedule! Missed playing with you, guys!]

EVERYONE

Through a delicate combination of attentive tracking, careful planning and light steps, Marius manages to avoid attention as he returns to his companions. Four ooze zombies shamble behind him, almost denouncing their position more than once, but the monk manages to cover them as they cross the alleys. Around them, Marius manages to identify Dram's goons already in action - a couple of humans and a handful of orcs, no doubt interested in Hagadark's demise. The heroes' names are uttered as the searching party inquires the locals on their whereabouts, but their presence hadn't been noticed, thus leading to a lot of confusion.

Nevertheless, they seem to be getting closer to the abandoned house, despite the lack of information. Odds are that Dram gave them means to search for the heroes - or, at least, for the dagger.

As the monk arrives, the others are ready to receive him, along with the ooze zombies. The door opens and, for a second, a strange chill fills the room, defeating even the coziness of the hearth fire. The door shuts, and Arvana, pacing rapidly across the room, addresses her friends.

"Did you just feel that? It was like... I don't know..." - the heroes feel as if they were being observed. Indeed, for a solid minute now, Hagadark, Morgrym and Shay could swear they were being surrounded, but picking out the windows showed them no visible menace...

Their musings are suddenly interrupted by the faintest of noises. It is as if something just leapt over the small ruin, stepping upon the stone roof. The heroes can't hear proper steps, but the distant sound of something dragging delicately can be clearly discerned by their sharpened senses...

[Ok, guys, your actions!]

@Neurotic @KahlessNestor @Shayuri @MetaVoid

Last edited:

Neurotic

[roll0]

Marius remains alert even after he rejoined his companions. He knows they have to move, but in a second all that changes. 'They are here! Prepare. Do we need to fight them? Dram may try to take what he wants, there will be no witnesses here. But I don't want to start the fight without provocation. I can show myself and try talking to them."

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases