D&D 5E Enhancing "Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage"

Rather than a single item, or an item that can only be used by one play, what about a scroll or item that gives everyone a buff? Maybe resistance against dragon breath or temp hit points, or...

Rather than a single item, or an item that can only be used by one play, what about a scroll or item that gives everyone a buff? Maybe resistance against dragon breath or temp hit points, or...
Sounds good, I will see how powerful they are by the time they get to that point. They are currently searching for king hekaton to garner Allance, with giants against tiamat.

I was looking for a vertical diagram of the levels to show how and by what method you can get from level to level. I found one but it refers to a shaft that connects most of the deeper levels. Would this be from a prior version of undermountain

I was looking for a vertical diagram of the levels to show how and by what method you can get from level to level. I found one but it refers to a shaft that connects most of the deeper levels. Would this be from a prior version of undermountain

Yes, according to prior versions their are 2 vertical shafts that enable access to multiple levels; the Shaft and the Pit of Ghanadaur.

One of the earlier modules/supplements is about a delve down one of them and details it, but not the levels themselves.

Moracai

Explorer
I have two PCs that are members of the Emerald Enclave. Do you guys have any suggestions what interests EE might have regarding the Undermountain?

It's quite obvious that the whole thing is an affront to natural order, but I'd like specifics and possibly which NPCs might act as allies and/or taskmasters for EE.

jasper

Rotten DM
Here is a list of the arch gateways.
MAD MAGE ARCHWAYS
1. Room 26D Gate to level 10.
2. Room 5 gate to level 4. Room 20C gate to Level 6.
3. Room 21P gate to level 6.
4. Room 10 gate to level 6.
5. Room 9 gate to level 6.
6. Room 16 gate to level 10. Room 24 gate to level 2. Room to 27 gate to level 4. Room 34B gate to level 8. Room 36C gate to level 3. Room 40 gate to level 11. Room 47A North Gate to level 13. Room 47 South Gate to level 18.
7. Room 41 gate to level 10.
8. Room 3 gate to level 6.
9. Room 13B gate to level 6. Room 41 drop to level 10. Room 42 Gate to level 7. Room 49 gate to level 14.
10. Room 8 gate to level 1. Room 14D gate to level 7.
11. Room 2B gate to level 6.
12. Room 6B gate to level 10. Room 8B gate to level 19.
13. Room 7B gate to level 6.
14. Room 39B gate to level 17.
15. Room 24C gate to level 17. Room 30A gate to level 18.
16. No gates
17. Room 7A gate 15. Room 8B gate to level 19. Room 11 gate to level 14.
18. Room 6 gate to level 6. Room 16 gate to level 15.
19. Room 7 gate to level 21. Room 15 gate to level 17.
20. Room 9B gate to level 15.
21. Room 19A to level 22. Room 23B gate to level 19.
22. Room 35 gate to level 23.
23. Room 1 gate to level 22.

jasper

Rotten DM
If the monsters can move and travel, I have them network with other levels. Example is the drow due to the murderhoboing of the group get advantage on the pcs. Yes they fear the drow downtown drow killers. Also Halastar is watching them sometimes. He occasionally phones them.

I have two PCs that are members of the Emerald Enclave. Do you guys have any suggestions what interests EE might have regarding the Undermountain?

It's quite obvious that the whole thing is an affront to natural order, but I'd like specifics and possibly which NPCs might act as allies and/or taskmasters for EE.

Well, level 5 has a somewhat crazy archdruid (Wyllow) and her ally, a good-aligned green dragon merged with an intelligent magical sword.

Moracai

Explorer
Well, level 5 has a somewhat crazy archdruid (Wyllow) and her ally, a good-aligned green dragon merged with an intelligent magical sword.
Thanks. I caught that one too after I posted that. In fact at this point the PCs have briefly visited Wyllowwood, but left back the way they came after talking to some boars and deciding that they were in over their heads and couldn't tackle a horde of werebats without enough magical/silvered weapons.

Do you have any ideas what Wyllow and/or the dragon could want, aside from what the book suggests, and how they could reward the PCs?

Thanks. I caught that one too after I posted that. In fact at this point the PCs have briefly visited Wyllowwood, but left back the way they came after talking to some boars and deciding that they were in over their heads and couldn't tackle a horde of werebats without enough magical/silvered weapons.

Do you have any ideas what Wyllow and/or the dragon could want, aside from what the book suggests, and how they could reward the PCs?

Well, level 4 (Twisted Caverns) has this thing where an aboleth is killing off the fish in the river, and the "Aftermath" section says that if the PCs don't get rid of the aboleth, the fungus forests will die off too, "destroying the delicate ecosystem".

Maybe they want PCs to kill the aboleth, either kill, chase off, or make a deal with the drow, and start expanding Wyllowwood's forests into level 4? They could mix the real plants from Wyllowwood into the fungus forests... (Maybe some continual flame spells for light? It's already moist enough...)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases