D&D 5E 5e Halcyon Academy (Recruiting/OOC)

Greenmtn

Explorer
I generally opt for more utility spells and just a dabbling of offensive ones anyway so not having the attack spell I want is something fairly normal for me. The real difference here is that I've never bothered doing much with a familiar before. I decided to try it... The mental image of a cat being hoisted by a thug only to smack the thug with something like shocking grasp is pretty awesome.

I don't think I could cast the spell until I could see the enemy anyway now that I think about it since using Riley's senses instead of my own costs my action for the turn.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I'm back. Sorry it took so long to post. Digging out from under over a week of not posting.

Over in the Siege of Caslte Rend game I'm experimenting with a purely support character, a Circle of Dreams druid. She's a dedicated healer and buffer/debuffer. Her only offensive spell is Magic Stone, with Hold Person and Faerie fire. The rest is healing spells, dispel magic, Enhance Ability, and Resistance. It's interesting.

tglassy

Adventurer
So, funny thing about charm spells. They only work if you’re not being attacked. And while two are charmed by Mim, they aren’t charmed by Ashara. Which means a feathery guy randomly shows up claiming, quite persuasively, that he’s a friend and wants to help, but before they can respond a crazy cat thing runs in and starts attacking people with fire and ice.

Does Ashera have a death wish?

tglassy

Adventurer
I just hadn't had a chance to post their response yet. But if that's what Ashera wants to do, who am I to say otherwise. It's not like Mim told anyone what he was doing.

I'll be posting soon, if *ahem* anyone *ahem* wants to change their post. But once I post, it's a done deal.

Edit: I suppose I should let everyone else have a turn, first. This would be the "Surprise Round", as it were.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Grody's the one who suggested trying to help them. He'd follow Mim back, but stay out of sight, hoping to be able to help once the creature appears.

tglassy

Adventurer
There's nothing wrong with what she did, with the information she had. Mim didn't tell anyone his plans. But now the only logical response is they all shoot her. I hadn't had a chance to resolve Mim's persuasion attempt, and he had technically succeeded on all three. And then Asherah attacked one of them.

I am treating this as a Surprise Round, so everyone gets a turn. Zivar, Grody, Jordy and Quentin all can take a turn if they want to. Quentin can't "Shield her", as that is what the Protection Fighting Style is for, so he still has an action he can use. I suppose you can try to persuade them again, but anyone who does will have to make the check with disadvantage this time, unless someone else uses the "Help" Action to eliminate the disadvantage.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Quentin rushes after the cat lady ( ) pointing behind the trio.
"We don't have time for you. Surrender, flee or fight with us, the monster is coming. Stop fighting everyone! You three, stop or we kill you now, no time to waste!"
[roll0]

I think it's a bit late for that...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases