• Rokugan

Votes: 20 20.8%
  • Uh... why not Dragon Empires?

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Lemoncurry

Votes: 18 18.8%

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Whatever WotC does with an East Asian fantasy supplement, it needs to not be Japan-centric at the expense of all other East Asian cultures like the earlier Oriental Adventures books and Rokugan were. Stop trying to shoehorn samurai and ninja into everything.

Voadam

Legend
Has anyone stuck Rokugan in Kara-tur? Are there any good setting based on India or smaller countries like Vietnam or Laos?

For India there is Green Ronin's Mindshadows for 3.0. A psionics focused D&D setting, there is a print sourcebook and monster book but not pdfs for some reason.

There is also Sahashra from Dog Soul Publishing a full on Mythic India for 3.5.

WotC also did an India version of Kara Tur as a web supplement for 3e Oriental Adventures.

gyor

Legend
For India there is Green Ronin's Mindshadows for 3.0. A psionics focused D&D setting, there is a print sourcebook and monster book but not pdfs for some reason.

There is also Sahashra from Dog Soul Publishing a full on Mythic India for 3.5.

WotC also did an India version of Kara Tur as a web supplement for 3e Oriental Adventures.

Mahasarpa is not linked to Kara Tur, I think it's linked to Rokugan, at least in the past, but I don't know about it's legal status now.

gyor

Legend
Whatever WotC does with an East Asian fantasy supplement, it needs to not be Japan-centric at the expense of all other East Asian cultures like the earlier Oriental Adventures books and Rokugan were. Stop trying to shoehorn samurai and ninja into everything.

They are hiring expert consultants and likely doing Kara Tur, which has two fantasy Japans, two fantasy China's, fantasy Vietnam, fantasy Cambodia, fantasy Hong Kong, fantasy Korea, fantasy Tibet, fantasy Mongolia, Fantasy Siberia. I originally were also going to do fantasy Sri Lanka and fantasy Thighland, but they never got to it.

Samloyal23

Adventurer
I had forgotten about Mahasarpa, it is a fun setting, takes full advantage of the 3E rules, and it really should be part of the Forgotten Realms.

gyor

Legend
I had forgotten about Mahasarpa, it is a fun setting, takes full advantage of the 3E rules, and it really should be part of the Forgotten Realms.

Well given Roukugen is no longer a D&D setting, putting it in FR makes the most sense, but the question then becomes where in FR do you put it, and what changes to Mahasarpa do they have have to make to have it fit 5e and the Forgotten Realms?

Remove ads