Discovery Trailer

Derren

Hero
Pretty meh ending.
Too much pathos with the "We are the Federation" speech and that all Klingons bow to the one who holds the detonator (instead of killing her) is hard to swallow. The entire episode feels rushed too. A little less Orion town and a little more appearances of L'Rell could have helped, considering how important she became instead of going from being beaten up in her cell directly to empress.

*sigh*
It's not worth discussing this show anymore. The show could have Burnham kicking puppies for an hour and its fans would still defend it. It can do no wrong. There's literally no point to continuing the discussion.

Using the spock doll please show me where the show hurt you 31bTa3gsYvL.jpg

Hussar

Legend
Me, I'm still trying to figure out how the death of Culber is a motivation for Stammers. Motivation to do what exactly?

But, yeah, this is going nowhere. For critics, Disco can do no right and for fans, it's hitting the right notes. And, frankly, for both sides, it's simply down to personal preference, rather than any real substance of criticism.

Kaodi

Hero
I liked the episode well enough overall but I think the last scene was a little too canned. You get a distress signal (fine); it is from the Enterprise (fine-ish)! The Enterprise appears directly in front of you pointed right at you! (Uhhh, what the fork?)

CapnZapp

Legend
*sigh*
It's not worth discussing this show anymore. The show could have Burnham kicking puppies for an hour and its fans would still defend it. It can do no wrong. There's literally no point to continuing the discussion.
I came to that conclusion maybe ten pages ago.

These peeps need this show to be the best, actual show be damned!

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app

MarkB

Legend

Whereas I feel like that's what most of the show's detractors feel. They needed it to be the best, most faithful, most canonical, most utterly indistinguishable from the original series, while still being new and original, and couldn't stand that it didn't perfectly match their expectations.

I'm just happy it was good.

Hussar

Legend

Who says it needs to be best? I like it. I am not seeing the issues that you are pointing to, or, rather, the issues that are being pointed to are very much not issues for me.

IOW, [MENTION=40176]MarkB[/MENTION] hits it square on the head. Like I said earlier, I get that people don't like the show. And that's groovy. There's stuff I haven't liked too. Fair enough. The difference is, I'm not jumping through hoop after hoop in order to justify my feelings. I'm not misinterpreting tropes in order to "prove" how bad Disco is. I'm not playing silly buggers cherry picking games to "prove" that they don't care about canon.

I'm not trying to prove anything. I like the show. That's the end of that conversation.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Me, I'm still trying to figure out how the death of Culber is a motivation for Stammers. Motivation to do what exactly?

But, yeah, this is going nowhere. For critics, Disco can do no right and for fans, it's hitting the right notes. And, frankly, for both sides, it's simply down to personal preference, rather than any real substance of criticism.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again — on the internet you are allowed to love something or hate something, but nuance is strictly forbidden. Everything is ether the best thing ever or he worst thing ever.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again — on the internet you are allowed to love something or hate something, but nuance is strictly forbidden. Everything is ether the best thing ever or he worst thing ever.
This is complete ridicilous and anyone that would think like that has no idea how the internet actually works and should go back to his stone tablets and chisels.

Mustrum "Knows the internet like the back of his pocket" Ridcully

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases