Should Shadar Kai look old in the Shadowfell?

• Yes

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 27.8%

gyor

Legend

I'm referring to the 5e twist where Shadar Kai look Elderly while in the Shadowfell, but like young pale Elves everywhere else.

I suspect if they'd put this in the UA article, it would have been shot down hard.

Satyrn

First Post
That sounds cool, so yeah.

. . . and since "elves as shadar-kai" been shot down hard in the UA already, this aspect would've just been one more nail in the coffin. A coffin WotC ignored. :heh:

gyor

Legend
That sounds cool, so yeah.

. . . and since "elves as shadar-kai" been shot down hard in the UA already, this aspect would've just been one more nail in the coffin. A coffin WotC ignored. :heh:

I have seen no evidence that Shadar Kai as elves was shot down at all.

If elves looking less impressive in their home realm works for Terry Pratchett, I don't see why it shouldn't work for D&D. Anyway there should be some price for living in the 'Fell.

gyor

Legend
If elves looking less impressive in their home realm works for Terry Pratchett, I don't see why it shouldn't work for D&D. Anyway there should be some price for living in the 'Fell.

It's a massive recon, I mean at least they can justify Shadar Kai being Elves because of the fey 3e version, but Shadar Kai in Canon never suffered from this in FR or Nerath settings.

pukunui

Legend
[MENTION=6670153]gyor[/MENTION]: I don’t like this poll. It needs to have an “I don’t care either way” option.

epithet

Explorer
I'm pretty much sticking with the 4e lore for the Raven Queen and Shadar Kai. Didn't play 4e, but I like a lot of the backstory they came up with for that edition.

Remove ads