Monitor Duty (Freedomverse OOC)

I was only asking that if there becomes an opening, I'd like to fill it. I'm not currently reading the in game thread but I am aware that GreenKarl is MIA. I didn't expect to find the campaign in an existential crisis. :)

At the moment I'm considering a semi-speedster/semi-brick with an inflated ego. But I haven't tied it down yet. Now that there could be an opening, I'm reading the IC thread to get a feel for where the team might be weak. (My first ideas for a mage or telepath were dashed rather early. :))

EDIT: Turned into a Brick with speedsterish abilities. I'm not sure the construction is legal (strength array).

Mr. Amazing

Abilities
Str 12*, Agl 5, Fgt 8, Awe 0
Sta 10, Dex 0, Int 0, Pre 0​
Defenses
Dodge, Parry, Fort, Will, Tough 10 (all are 10)
Init +9​
Combat
Punch 12 Ranks, +8 melee (crit 17-20), Penetrating 6, DC 27 (Fast Grab option on hit)
Stomp 10 Ranks, +8 melee vs Dodge, AoE: Cone 60', DC 25
Racing Punches 6 Ranks, +14 melee, AoE: Perception, Selective, DC 21
Amazing Kiss, Affliction 6 Ranks, Follows Grab, +8 melee, DC 16 vs Will, Distracting, Entranced->Defenseless->Unaware (bliss)​
Advantages
Attractive 2
Benefit: Wealth 1 (Well-off)
Improved Critical: 3 (Punch)
Improved Disarm (no AOO, no attack penalty)
Improved Grab (no AOO, one handed maintain, not vulnerable during grab)
Fast Grab (can follow attack)
Improved Hold (-5 to escape rolls)
Improved Initiative: 1 +4
Move By Action (Move before and after attacks)​
Powers
Strength 12 Penetrating 6 = 30+2 pp (lift 100 tons)
Array
- Str 10 Cone 60' (foot stomp)
- Str 6 Area: perception (he moves real fast and hits everyone he sees), selective, Close Attack +6

Flight 8 Ranks = 16+1 pp (500 mph, 1 mi/rnd)
Array
- Flight 16 Ranks, Distracting (125000 mph, 250 mi/rnd, far exceeds escape velocity of Earth)

Immunity: Life Support = 10 pp (disease, poison, suffocation, starvation, thirst, environs: cold, heat, radiation, pressure, vacuum)

Regeneration 10 = 10 pp (1 negative toughness or effect per round)

Cumulative Affliction 6 Ranks vs Will, Must follow grab (kiss), Limited: targets attracted to men (might be a psychological limitation), Distracting = 2 pp
- Entranced => Defenseless => Unaware (bliss)​
Skills
Athletics +12
Persuasion +8
Stealth +5​

Abilities 46 (Str in Powers), Defenses 17, Powers 71, Advantages 12, Skills 4 = 150 PP
Complications
Fame (or Motivation: Recognition if he isn't actually famous) - He has a PR guy making sure he's in the super tabloids, all the time.
Reputation - He is known as a womanizer and that puts off some people.​

Brad Seyass is an obnoxious womanizer. His kiss creates an ecstasy effect, that those willing to kiss and tell say is amazing. Not that he needs it. He is classically handsome: square jawed, with blond locks that manage to wave in still air; wealthy; and single.

His hero uniform is bright red, with blue trim, including lightning bolt shapes on the limbs. No mask.

Last edited:

Although, I might change the personality. Don't know if I can sustain a sexist and not get sick of it myself.... Hmm... Maybe he grew out if and has lots of regrets. I was thinking he was 23 originally. What if he's 39 and looks back on his life with regret and disgust. That could work.

[MENTION=20711]hero4hire[/MENTION], Okay, I'll definitely be going with the older version of Mr. Amazing (his registered hero name (whether or not hero names are registered) that embarrasses him now). At some point he will need some Extended Sight if he going to fly that fast, or find orbital objects.

Once I started looking at senses, the temptation to give him "Penetrates Concealment, clothing only" was very high. :)

hero4hire

Explorer
[MENTION=813]jmucchiello[/MENTION] There are a couple of pet peeves for me in the build.
Regeneration 10. In most of my other games I have banned Regeneration as it is too cheap in my opinion. I now require Healing (Self) to model a fast recovery perhaps with trigger or reaction.
Improved Crit more than 1 rank if it isn't conceptually integral also isn't allowed. Maybe if you were a Martial artist or weaponeer with high attack and low damage I'd allow 3 ranks...

Sent from my SM-G950U using EN World mobile app

Was there a post with these chargen house rules that I missed and are there any other rules I should be aware of? Also, be aware this is my second M&M character ever.

With Improved Crit, I was trying to simulate that he hits HARD. Without having ridiculous high strength. But I can cut it down to one level if you prefer.

Regen: He flies really fast and can survive in vacuum. He's practically not human. But since you don't like Regen, I'll change it. Does self only rate -1 per rank for Healing in your rules since normally it is a close power?

Maybe I'll be able to buy extended sight with the points I get back, if any.

Take 2: Mr. Amazing

Abilities
Str 12*, Agl 5, Fgt 8, Awe 0
Sta 8, Dex 0, Int 0, Pre 0​
Defenses
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fort 10, Will 10, Tough 12
Init +13​
Combat
Punch 12 Ranks, +8 melee (crit 19-20), Penetrating 6, DC 27 (Fast Grab option on hit)
Racing Punches 6 Ranks, +14 melee, AoE: Perception, Selective, DC 21
Amazing Kiss, Affliction 6 Ranks, Follows Grab, Cumulative, +8 melee, DC 16 vs Will, Distracting, Entranced->Defenseless->Unaware (bliss)​
Advantages
Attractive 2
Benefit: Wealth 1 (Well-off)
Improved Critical: 1 (Punch)
Improved Disarm (no AOO, no attack penalty)
Improved Grab (no AOO, one handed maintain, not vulnerable during grab)
Fast Grab (can follow attack)
Improved Hold (-5 to escape rolls)
Improved Initiative: 2 +8
Move By Action (Move before and after attacks)​
Powers
Strength 12 Penetrating 6 = 30+1 pp (lift 100 tons)
Array
- Str 6 Area: perception (he moves real fast and hits everyone he sees), selective, Close Attack +6

Flight 8 Ranks = 16+2 pp (500 mph, 1 mi/rnd)
Array
- Flight 16 Ranks, Distracting (125000 mph, 250 mi/rnd, far exceeds escape velocity of Earth)
- Speed 8 Ranks (500 mph, 1 mi/rnd)

Immunity: Life Support = 10 pp (disease, poison, suffocation, starvation, thirst, environs: cold, heat, radiation, pressure, vacuum)

Healing 6 Ranks, Self Only = 6 pp

Protection 4 Ranks.

Sense 6 Ranks. Extended Sight 6 = 6 pp (Range modifiers for perception per 1 million ft or what is 200 miles for him is like 10 ft for normal humans)

Cumulative Affliction 6 Ranks vs Will, Must follow grab (kiss), Limited: targets attracted to men (might be a psychological limitation), Distracting = 2 pp
- Entranced => Defenseless => Unaware (bliss)​
Skills
Athletics +12/+6
Persuasion +10
Stealth +5​

Abilities 42 (Str in Powers), Defenses 15, Powers 77, Advantages 11, Skills 5 = 150 PP
Complications
Fame (or Motivation: Recognition if he isn't actually famous) - He has a PR guy making sure he's in the super tabloids, all the time.
Reputation - He is known as a womanizer and that puts off some people.​

Brad Seyass was an obnoxious womanizer. His kiss creates an ecstasy effect, that those willing to kiss and tell say is amazing. Not that he needs it. He is classically handsome: square jawed, with blond locks that manage to wave in still air; wealthy; and single. As a child, Brad was playing in a remote location when he encountered something. He has no idea what nor did he change immediately. In mid-high school he went from a normal looking teen to an Adonis superbeing. At first he downplayed it. But when he no longer enjoyed eating, drinking or dreaming, he needed something to stimulate him. That something at first was sex. But eventually that seemed so easy. So he turned to crime fighting. That was a challenge. To say he regrets his past would be false. To say he regrets the reputation that past created would be accurate.

His hero uniform is bright red, with blue trim, including lightning bolt shapes on the limbs. No mask. His eyes, steel blue, do not look unusual but he often has a faraway look that can be unsettling.

----
The only thing that might be an issue is how the AOE:perception speedster punches interacts with extended sight. He can see A LOT. And with flight, even the curvature of the Earth becomes less limiting. In a round he can traverse a path a mile long. He can see clearly everything within line of sight with no range modifiers to Perception for the first 189 miles. It probably won't ever come up, but if he had to punch a regiment of soldiers in one round, he could.

Should I just choose a different strength stunt? If so, I might dump more of the speedster aspect of the character and go more brick.

Remove ads