ZEITGEIST Clergy hierarch information

Zipster

Explorer
As I think I've mentioned in a previous thread, when my group started Zeitgeist a while back - before I knew the world at all - I allowed a PC to play as an Aasimar. I've certainly messed with this character - he's a Logos, finding out Miller wrote the books his powers stemmed from, the only celestial that he knows of besides Lynia - which, broke his faith in the Clergy, despite being an Oracle. In 5th Edition, Aasimar's have a Spirit Guide, which I deemed would be Tomas Masardyk from Bonds of Forced Faith; the PC knows only that Tomas found him, raised him for a bit and that he is an Orphan. Now, I'm laying it down on the character - especially leading up to Diaspora - and dropped a huge hint that Lynia is the PC's mother, through not-so-pleasant terms. So, my question: is there any high-ranking, older Clergy Hierarch which could fill in the role as that PC's father? I'm trying to avoid making it Tomas, but that's a possibility. Just fishing for ideas, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of Clergy NPCs throughout.

hirou

Explorer
Do you mean Linia the angel from vault of heresies? It will be rather difficult to find the father then. Linia's staged death was the reason for the first War between Clergy and eladrins, which ended in First Victory circa 550 years ago. She's been imprisoned for the last 5 centuries... If it's still the route you want to go, most of the high Clergy hierarchs from before the Second Victory got turned to tieflings, so the father (or his bones) is somewhere in Danor and is the furthest thing you can expect for a father of Aasimar. I think Ryan once mentioned that tieflings only live for 99 years though...

EDIT: I can no Ingrish.

Zipster

Explorer
Indeed, I do mean Linia. Misspelt in the last post. The PC aasimar is around 75, and Linia is sort of a prized possession of the Clergy in the vault according to her brief appearance in adventure 4. Any hierarch who went in that vault would know about her, just as Cippiano knows if Ashima Shimtu.

So we're in the realm of the last 100 Years which is feasible

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Indeed, I do mean Linia. Misspelt in the last post. The PC aasimar is around 75, and Linia is sort of a prized possession of the Clergy in the vault according to her brief appearance in adventure 4. Any hierarch who went in that vault would know about her, just as Cippiano knows if Ashima Shimtu.

So we're in the realm of the last 100 Years which is feasible

If the hierarch in question impregnated Linia against her will, is it possible that the child was held in stasis in some way, either by her or by the clergy? I ask only because one candidate who springs to mind is Cardinal Silvestri. But he died 500 years ago.

Zipster

Explorer
If the hierarch in question impregnated Linia against her will, is it possible that the child was held in stasis in some way, either by her or by the clergy? I ask only because one candidate who springs to mind is Cardinal Silvestri. But he died 500 years ago.

Hm. Slvestri is possible, but definitely not what I was originally thinking. Seems there isn't a whole lot of information about many hierarchs. I can't imagine that the vault doesn't have any sort of things which would keep something in stasis. PC trapped there for 400 years as an infant in stasis, freed by Masardik after returning from Risur. It could definitely work. Thanks for a different idea!

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Hm. Slvestri is possible, but definitely not what I was originally thinking. Seems there isn't a whole lot of information about many hierarchs. I can't imagine that the vault doesn't have any sort of things which would keep something in stasis. PC trapped there for 400 years as an infant in stasis, freed by Masardik after returning from Risur. It could definitely work. Thanks for a different idea!

He could have been kept in stasis inside Linia. Who knows how long an angel's gestation period is?

Remove ads